• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will the camoplast 3.2 fit under a pro?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My bet is it would clear in the middle with 7 tooth's but you would want / need to trim the outer paddles for cooler clearance at the upper choke point under the front of the fuel tank / jack shaft area.

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
so the 3" will fit but not the 3.2? What do you think of your 3"? I have a good used 2.5 162" challenger extreme I could put under it but i would like to run the 156 3.2 because I'm buying new rails any way so that i can install my timbersled Mtn Tamer suspension

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
3.2 may fit but it's darn tight with even a 3". I love the 3", I run the powerclaw 3" though so cannot say much about other brands.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
3.2 may fit but it's darn tight with even a 3". I love the 3", I run the powerclaw 3" though so cannot say much about other brands.

And the 3" PowerClaw is far closer to 2 3/4" if measured like other manufactures measure lug height. Cat measures from inside the belt rather than the outside, so you loose the belting width. FWIW

sierraclimber

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Oakhurst, CA (western sierra)
Tracks USA said 3.2" won't fit. I am running a 3" and works way better than the stock track. Low speed there is a bit of a vibration. I think it is from the paddles clearing out snow from the bulk head, it's a close fit.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Tracks USA said 3.2" won't fit. I am running a 3" and works way better than the stock track. Low speed there is a bit of a vibration. I think it is from the paddles clearing out snow from the bulk head, it's a close fit.

I'd be willing to bet, you have extensive skid marks on the front of the tunnel coolers, at the choke point. You feel the paddles hitting the coolers when moving slow. As you increase your speed they are hitting so fast that the thump is less noticeable as they blend into each other at speed. Everybody shows pics of their fingers between the tip of the lug and the front close off, but that is not the tightest spot.

IMO Even the 3" lug tracks with the 7 Tooth would benefit from the outboard paddle trim for clearance. Just as the 2.5" and 2.6" lug tracks do with the 8 Tooth.

Premium Features