• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will a pro driveshaft work on assault switchback?

jhubs

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Will the pro driveshaft and drivers off a pro that is chain driven work on a switchback assault? Trying to upgrade to the 163x15x2.4" track on the assault and not have to mess with pressing drivers on/off. Just want to be able to swap the shaft and drivers. The assault has 2.52 intro drivers now on which looks like the same shaft as most other 2.86 driver Polaris driveshafts with chain case. Thanks in advance for any info

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I think the 13+ Pro driveshafts will not work on sleds with gear cases. It doesn't have the seal provision machined onto the shaft. You can use a gear case Pro-Ride shaft on a belt system but not vice versa.

jhubs

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Shaft

Yes that is what I figured because of the belt drive. Trying to verify the pro chaincase shaft and drivers will work with the assault switchback
chaincase

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
I think it should work, maybe.
It works in reverse for sure. I have an assault shaft in my pro with quick drive..everything fit prefect, splines on the assault shaft are much better fit to the quick drive pulley splines

J

joel t

Dec 6, 2013
Mi
I have a standered rmk shaft on my 15 switchback assault every thing was the same

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The standard and the assault SB are the same shafts from the factory.

Both Hydroformed steel.

The Steel shafts from the chaindrive ProRide's will fit into the QuickDrive™ equipped ProRides.

The Aluminum shafts from the QuickDrive™ Pro Rides will NOT function on any of the Chaincase ProRide sleds.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I have a standered rmk shaft on my 15 switchback assault every thing was the same

X3 I have both and don't really know which is which !! All chaincase SHAFTS fit chaincase Sleds .... Except IQ variants they are bigger splined and possibly different diameter seal ..never got that far !

Premium Features