• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whyyyyy is snowest so slow lately? (502/504 Gateway Errors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Really sounds like a Proxy-handshaking type issue...

Christopher, Is it possible to remove the proxy today to check??

Not really sure why we need a NON-SnoWestOnline.com Proxy/gateway in the middle???

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am getting to the point where I am ready to ask them to remove the proxy server as well.

If they can't get this issue resolved first thing this week, I will ask that they pull the proxy server out of the loop and let us revert back to the way we were that was working smoothly and FAST.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
I am having the same problem here. Not every time, but most of the time. I'm using Firefox. I've also had it happen a few times on my phone (Not sure what browser it uses). Usually just have to refresh and then it loads. Pretty annoying though!! :mmph:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Several people have written to me this morning reporting the following.

502 Gateway Error
504 Gateway Timeout

Are any of you seeing this?

Yup.

Site is definitely taking a while to load and about 20% of the time I'll get one of these.

It's definitely intermittent though, not consistent.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Same here on the IE.I do have firefox but for some reason I cannot get my printing on my screen bigger than about 50%.
I cant even see the letters with my reading glasses the letters are so small.
I keep clicking on icons looking for one that will let me get back to 100% but have not found yet....one of the crappy things about aging I guess.:mmph:

Dave,

Try holding down the Ctrl button and pressing 0. That should get your text back to normal size.

mightymoko

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Denver Colorado
Just tried to get on to comment on this and got the 504 Gateway Timeout
Tried it again took longer than it should but got on I have been slow for probably close to a week. Other web sites I go to are fine.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
Just received 504 error about 1 minute ago.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Yes, seems to take forever compared to other sites. Helps if I hit the X to stop loading, then select Snowest again and it seems to load up normally most of the time. Been this way for 6 months or more, it seems like anyhow.

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
System Issues

I also am having issues with the speed of the forum. I see it when I'm on a computer and also with my I Phone. I get the errors also. I have the best luck stopping and refreshing the system. It seems to work ok then. When navigating through the site it is fine, but as soon as I click on a topic it runs into issues.

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
Several people have written to me this morning reporting the following.

502 Gateway Error
504 Gateway Timeout

Are any of you seeing this?

i have been experiencing a 30 second lag when I first get onto snowest over that past month (maybe 2 months). once I wait for it to pull up, then it instantly opens up whatever subsequent pages i click on unless i leave it idle for say 10-15 minutes... then its the 30 second lag again for the 1st click. within the past week, the log was longer than 30 seconds & then changed to the "gateway error" messages instead of eventually pulling up the page i wanted. It does this 100% of the time for me when I 1st log in to snowest. I do not have this issue with any other forums or web sites. I use firefox & clicking page refresh as i am waiting gets right past it. A little wordy... but hope it helps. --Matt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features