• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why are the Dems blocking the pipeline?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Environmentalist wackos have more money than the rest of us.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
With Nancy P, Hairy Reid & the Big O we have a very rotten, very corrupt group of scheisters in there ramrodding entitlements & pork and obstructing anything worthwhile.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Custer, SD
WTF are they thinking?

They are perfectly happy to see Canada to put a pipeline to their west coast and ship it to china where it will be refined and sold back to us at a profit!!!!!
They are flushin' US jobs and economic growth down the toilet to protect the sandhills of Nebraska! Pipelines are the safest way in the world to move crude!
They are all retarded!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
They are perfectly happy to see Canada to put a pipeline to their west coast and ship it to china where it will be refined and sold back to us at a profit!!!!!
They are flushin' US jobs and economic growth down the toilet to protect the sandhills of Nebraska! Pipelines are the safest way in the world to move crude!
They are all retarded!

That's a crock.
They agreed to re-route it.
They are pandering to the enviro-extremests.
Bunch of damned A55MONKIES!

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Why don't they put a few refineries where the sh!t is being pumped from!!!!!!

If a refinery was built in Canada a pipeline would still have to be built to distribute the refined product. i.e. Gasoline Diesel fuel, and It would take years to build a refinery what with the enviromentalists, all the permiting and on and on. They and we need the refining capacity now. The beauty is that the pipeline can be used 2 ways. Pump crude for refining and pump gas or diesel back. But I don't know if this one will be used 2 ways. Also pipelines from the Bakken will tie into it for transportation also. The Bakken is already out producing Alaskan production and it is said that it may out produce Texas in the next year. It is a win win for both countries.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Here is an interesting link on some of the history of the spills..

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/translating-uncle-sam/stories/us-pipelines-at-a-crossroads

Here is a look at some of the information about the job creation and other fallacies of the pipeline. This one is really good.

http://moneymorning.com/2011/12/20/five-fallacies-of-the-keystone-oil-pipeline/

There seems to be a lot of people saying a bunch of things in these posts that have nothing to do with reality.. they sound good though... kind of like sound bytes on TV...

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
don't we have enough oil on the east side of the Rockies to run out cou try for 50-70 years? anyone know if that's true?

if so, why do t they just say " alright, you know what? let's use this oil we have here and give these people a break " ?

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
my guess is that the aquifer that is in question, supplies drinking water to roughly 2,000,000 people. that is alot of people. The oil companies just need to spend some more money and route the pipeline around the aquifer. They can afford it and peoples drinking water needs it.

I am for the pipeline, but lets do it right, versus just do it.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
my guess is that the aquifer that is in question, supplies drinking water to roughly 2,000,000 people. that is alot of people. The oil companies just need to spend some more money and route the pipeline around the aquifer. They can afford it and peoples drinking water needs it.

I am for the pipeline, but lets do it right, versus just do it.

Agree 100% !! We need the jobs this will provide on both sides of the border, but don't allow corporate greed to override public safety. There is a safe alternative, so make them do it right.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

B
Nov 28, 2007
Sioux Center, Iowa
It was in Obama's best interest to postpone the pipeline decision till after the election. He's now receiving reelection money from the tree huggers hoping he'll stop it and he's receiving donations from the pipeline supporters hoping he'll OK it.

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
The Dems aren't interested in doing anything good for the country. They aren't interested in cheaper gas, they don't want more cars/trucks on the road polluting the air. They're not interested in the twenty thousand jobs the pipeline would create, because they keep extending unemployment benefits and handing out plenty of welfare. Why does anybody need a job in this country anymore, when the Dems will take care of you? Just sit home relax and enjoy the free ride is their motto.:face-icon-small-win

G
Dec 3, 2010
The oil in this pipeline is not for the US. Keystones own representatives finaly addmitted that they just wanted to use our refinerys and ship it to south america and east. This will only create jobs durring construction and very few afterwards. If you check the facts the US is actually a net exporter of refined fuel because the foreign countries will pay more for it. Its economics coupled with a giant pr scam.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
The oil in this pipeline is not for the US. Keystones own representatives finaly addmitted that they just wanted to use our refinerys and ship it to south america and east. This will only create jobs durring construction and very few afterwards. If you check the facts the US is actually a net exporter of refined fuel because the foreign countries will pay more for it. Its economics coupled with a giant pr scam.

he he.. one of my links stated that.

It is an interesting world isn't it?

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
he he.. one of my links stated that.

It is an interesting world isn't it?

I wouldn't read too much into the bit about being an exporter. What, 420,000 barrels a month? And the US consumes 30 million barrels a day. So, that's about 900 million barrels of crude a month vs 430 thousand barrels of gasoline exported. So, less than 1/2% of crude resulted in a gasoline net export for the first time in 60 years. Not what I call significant but the guy who wrote the article obviously hooked some people by flipping figures.

And when it comes to exporting gasoline, it's most likely to Canada or Mexico where those countries would have a slight shortfall in refining capacity. In fact, a proposed Shell refinery was cancelled in Canada in the last couple of years, with the strategy being increasing refining capacity for oilsands crude in Port Arthur, Texas instead. That single decision alone could have turned the US back into a net importer.

North America does not refine and ship a substantial amount of its gasoline or diesel production off this continent. The US refines and uses the vast majority of the crude it imports.

Premium Features