• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loose Throttle block or pinched throttle cable?

F
Jan 3, 2008
Out riding Saturday and my 2018 AXYS 600 throttle block came loose and started rotating around the handlebar. Tightened up the set screw underneath the throttle block and then the throttle cable wouldn't return and ended up with a stuck throttle. Loosened the set screw and throttle cable works perfectly. Found a happy medium for riding around but set screw is looser than I like and still rotates a little. Anyone run into this before? Is there a fix or should I be looking at a billet throttle block or finger throttle?

J
Nov 25, 2019
Personally I leave the throttle block loose enough so I can move it a little bit. Not sure if it’s helped but I haven’t broke a flapper since starting to leave the block loose.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
it's a 3 piece block you need to take the end cover off and loosen the set screw . reassemble paying close attention to the lower part of the block to make sure it is properly seated in the upper part finish up and tighten set screw but not too tight .

S
Feb 23, 2022
US
The 2 halves have come apart meaning the dovetail in the plastic is off. Squeeze back together in field with channel locks or back ser screw off and get the 2 halves to mate properly before tightening set screw. If you already went nucking futs on the set screw you probably already stripped the plastic threads on the bottom half of the throttle block.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

F
Jan 3, 2008
Thanks guys. Took it apart and reassembled and everything works now. Guessing the bottom piece probably got knocked out of place when tipping it over during a power turn or when rolling it over to get it unstuck. I did put some silicone spray down the throttle cable and around the moving parts of the throttle block. Not sure if that was a good thing to do or not? But seemed like a good idea at the time.

Premium Features