• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx Shredders. Just why?

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Man, no rear bumper is so much more awkward than I was expecting. I mean, ya I can through on an aftermarket, and was going to from the start, but why would they even consider this?

That is all.

24 Shredder DS 4100 - 850 Turbo

C
Mar 5, 2018
Man, no rear bumper is so much more awkward than I was expecting. I mean, ya I can through on an aftermarket, and was going to from the start, but why would they even consider this?

That is all.

24 Shredder DS 4100 - 850 Turbo
It does seem a little nickle and dime... but If you were going to go aftermarket anwyays then there is one answer. Also, once I seen that they were going no rear bumper I played "how long can I go without touching my rear bumper" on my doo last season. I realized I very rarely needed to, it's just not how you get a sled unstuck any more for the most part. I will say the few times I did touch it it was nice to have, but it's not like I couldn't have just grabbed the tunnel.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Sure I rarely unstuck a sled with the bumper, but utility items like in the shop, throwing in dollies or wheeling it around or anything else you'd do with the rear on your summit

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It sucks not having a bumper. Dumbest thing ever. You don't need one to roll it over but moving in shop or trailer would be nice. I also got mine stuck where I couldn't roll it. No room To get two people on it hardly. Also needed to pull on it while backing it up. You need a mountain bar less than a bumper and they have one of them on it. They are nice for rolling it over.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Yea my 2022 lynx boondocker had a bumper, I used it to lift the ass end up to check track tension. my 2024.. I don't really have a clue how to do this now. ( running boards on both sides? i guess? I don't have anything that can do that might have to make something )

Also I have to grab the track to reef it over when I park a little crooked in my trailer-- i first tried grabbing the tunnel and I felt like I was going to bend the edges of it ---. I think i'm going to get a backwoods rear bumper just for the grab handle. not that I ever hit anything in the back lol, and rarley use that when getting unstuck.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
It will be interesting for the first while to see if I really miss not having a bumper when I get the new DS. I still have my 22 DS. Bumper may be one of the first things I put on the new sled.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
It will be interesting for the first while to see if I really miss not having a bumper when I get the new DS. I still have my 22 DS. Bumper may be one of the first things I put on the new sled.
I didn't think I would miss it but just moving it around in the dirt to line it up for my trailer or sled deck, and in my trailer trying to get it on my truck or move it in my trailer I miss it. just being able to grab it and yoink the thing over a bit. Well also I think the dealer made the track way too tight and I havn't come up with a way to lift it to check. lol.. I used to use a fancy a-frame ladder on the rear bumper lol

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Its super dumb. Like really super dumb.

I wound up putting a Backwoods BMP bumper on mine and its a nice peice FWIW. Fit was perfect.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Its super dumb. Like really super dumb.

I wound up putting a Backwoods BMP bumper on mine and its a nice peice FWIW. Fit was perfect.
Ya I ordered front and rear. Hoping shipping doesn't get too screwed up with the Christmas rush.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I strongly dislike the look of the backwoods front bumper, so still waiting for my Explorer2 front from lynx. ( they say dec 27th ).

Rear backwoods bumper looks good though and I ordered that.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I strongly dislike the look of the backwoods front bumper, so still waiting for my Explorer2 front from lynx. ( they say dec 27th ).

Rear backwoods bumper looks good though and I ordered that.

Man I thought it looked prettt good lol

Premium Features