• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wht aren't guys selling their aftermarket parts separate?

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I see tons of classifieds with 11-15 Pro RMK'S loaded with parts and advertising that they have all of the factory parts to go along with the sled.

Wouldn't you be better off selling those performance parts separate and trading the sled in or selling it for a more competitive price?

Dealers don't give much, if anything for aftermarket parts. A lot of people don't want a used sled that has been "messed with" or has add on parts that they don't want and have to pay extra for.

As a guy who is going to hold off for a year on purchasing an Axys, I was thinking there would be a ton of used Pro Ride parts hitting the market.

Seems like aftermarket parts sell pretty quickly for these sleds and for decent cash.

A lot of the classified guys are sounding desparate. "Make offer" "New Axys is in, must sell", " I don't want two sleds"

Put that sled back to stock, trade it in, then sell the aftermarket parts that you can't use on the new one to pay for the new stuff for the new sled.

If you have the time, wouldn't you come out better money wise than selling the whole package for a huge discount?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I
Nov 26, 2007
Some guys sell the stock parts to help pay for mods or because they don't want to store them until they sell the sled. Some don't want to deal with 20 different buyers and would prefer to sell the sled as is and take a loss.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Some guys sell the stock parts to help pay for mods or because they don't want to store them until they sell the sled. Some don't want to deal with 20 different buyers and would prefer to sell the sled as is and take a loss.
I sell the stockers while im modding, but i too am suprised im not seeing more used performance stuff on the classified.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
100% stock sled is by far the easiest to sell. I keep all my stock stuff and put the sled back to stock when I'm done with it. I have a shelf in the parts room for take-off stock parts. Makes your old sled look darn good too with new bumpers, windshield, perfect track, etc. Eric

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
With new iron (or plastic, aluminum, carbon fiber, etc) hitting the shelves, I can't imagine the dealers are too excited to be offering top dollar for too many used Pro sleds right now. The used sled guy from Carl's was on here recently trying to spark interest in their fleet of used stuff that was not moving. With that, I think sellers are trying to move their stuff to a private party and the aftermarket parts may fit the needs for these buyers better than buying stock then having to source the stuff that was just removed from the sled.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Put that sled back to stock, trade it in, then sell the aftermarket parts that you can't use on the new one to pay for the new stuff for the new sled.

Trade it in sounds pretty easy but in practice, at least around here, just doesn't work. None of my local dealers seem to be smart enough to figure out how to sell used sleds so the trade offers are generally a couple grand below market if you can get someone to take your trade at all.

I am waiting to hear from another dealer today about a possible trade deal for a new Axys. Bet they don't want my clean, stock '14 800 Pro....

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
with new 15s like 8900,im thinking 7000ish for a used 15 and 5 or 6 trade in.

C
Dec 24, 2014
$8900? I had a dealer quote last week of $11,685 OTD for a '15 800 155 with the extended warranty. Only $300 of that is taxes. The sled was on the sales floor stickered at $9999.

OTD pricing on new sleds is a bit different than advertised pricing. On the contrary, if you buy my used sled there are no additional fees...

I was offered $6000 for my clean '14 800 Pro with remaining warranty.

I will just wait because I suspect once all the snow checks are paid for and picked up, the glut of low priced sleds will dry up before the new year and the market will change a little for the better.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I have a '15 800 in season Pro 163 with e start and 200 miles and extended warranty. My local dealer said $8000.00 trade.

It would be returned to stock except my tunnel wrap, skid plate, Airframes and powder coated parts.

Maybe the value holds better here in Minnesota? A lot of people buy the mountain sleds to ride up north on deep years, the U.P. and of course for trips to the mountains. I'm guessing there are just not as many used ones avaiable here as you would have in mountain states. Most of us don't get to pile on the miles one season, as those who live in mountain states,so a new sled every year probably isn't as popular as out west.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
i was told $5500 trade in on my '14 pro with 750 miles. which I get, they aren't going to sit on a sled and possibly lose money on it when they have 10 others just like it

C
Dec 24, 2014
Part of the problem was, I was at the wrong dealer for a trade. The nicest used sled he had was a 10 yr old M7, the rest belonged in the scrap pile.

I will be negotiating with a different dealer this week, if they will give me $7k, I will probably make a deal.

Premium Features