• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who's been to chama?

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
I am new to south and looking for closest riding?

I will be in N. Texas for winter and I think chama may be the closest riding. Or maybe up by Taos. Any info on this or anyone around where I am with information would be great.

Thanks

I ride in Chama every weekend. This year has proved to be the best in over 10 YRS. Snow fall marker at the top of Cumbres is reading 7 feet. Once you unload and get out of the parking lot it is more than 10 feet. It is absolutely fantastic riding. A place for every level of riding ability. I Highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a new place to ride.....Check it out

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
ghost would you be willing to show a newbie around chama one of those weekends your out. I am up for anything as long as it includes lots of snow.

Thanks

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Ghost we are trying to get up there this friday and go saturday are you available to show us around, also were should a guy stay if he is coming in on friday any ideas NM or CO side. Thanks

Last edited:
I will be up there this weekend. We are having a family ride, so lots of beginners. You are more than welcome to ride with us. The best place to stay is the Vista Del Rio in Chama. Tell Adeline, (manager) that Kory sent you and she will do her best to get you a room. The number is (505) 756-2138. It is on 15 or so miles to the top of Cumbres pass. Which is where we do most of our riding. We don't usually get up there until about 9/9:30am as we drive from ABQ on Sat morning.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
We're coming up this weekend too. Usually park in the last lot on the Right before Rondevous. We'll be the ones pulling our kids around in the snocoach! Glad the base is set up pretty good. Maybe see you folks up there.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
I was there and rode from the cumbres pass lodge, got there late though 11am. Didnt see very many people only the poker run group and a few trail ridrers.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
I want to thank Squirrel (Jeremy) for all his help.

Great guy loaned me his trailer and really helped me out so I could sled this weekend in chama. Hope to see you in a couple weeks and try again.

Last edited:
A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
We rode Cumbres pass S side Sat. Lots of sleds, but good snow once you got back in a ways.
Sun, went up by Hopewell Lakes. Only saw one group all day. Untouched snow everywhere! We were the only ones coming in from the W side on 64 (Road's closed at teh top).

Premium Features