• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who' riding Preston tomorrow

S
Sep 22, 2005
Pocatello, Id
Is anyone going up to preston tomorrow i am heading up there in the morning, but need to hook up with someone to ride with. let me know what time and i can meet you in the parking lot. traveling out of pocatello if your interested. If not i will be hooking up with whoever in the parking lot.
Joe

S
Sep 22, 2005
Pocatello, Id
should be even better.

Trav, We will have to get together then. Snotel is showing 30" in the parking lot. I am off for the next few weeks so planning on getting plenty of riding in. Let me know when you can go and i can put my sled on your trailer or yours on mine. How about Kurt is he still riding the 900 or did he dragon up? Talk to you later.
Joe

L
Nov 26, 2007
Preston Idaho
Had a great ride, good snow, hit some rocks, but I don't see any damage. Joe took some pics. He must be worn out. My son got stuck alot and joe helped get him out. I know I'm worn out. So I'm thinking when he gets on he will put up some pics.

S
Sep 22, 2005
Pocatello, Id
The riding up there was great. Anywhere from 1' to 3' of fresh depends on where you were at. No bottom to it though....well the bottom was either pine tree green or dirt brown. The bowls in between Paris and Bloomington were powder magnets. The snow was deep and again no bottom. Had a great time riding with Iztat573 and his son.. and heck we all got stuck alot. I went riding today up at Crystal summit, the wheat fields need a little more snow but they are open, and the trail up to elk meadows has all ready been groomed. I am going to go back up to crystal summit in the morning, and back down to Preston on either Wednesday or Thursday depends on the weather. (Took some pics, but the batteries in my camera went after 4 pics, did not get any of the back bowls)

copen 1.JPG copen 2.JPG copen 3.JPG copen 4.JPG

S
Sep 22, 2005
Pocatello, Id
Copenhagen lot had only 7 or 8 trucks and we left the lot about 10:45 and still had to break trail in some places. if we get some more out of this next storm, the bowls between paris and bloomington will be the place to head to. If it is not snowing hard i am going up on wednesday also.

P
Parked at Birch Ck.parking lot. 6 inches of new snow there. 18 new inches up top. Four feet deep in some places. Land Mines still eating some sleds just up the road from Paris Ice Caves. Bowls were deep and untracked with no base. Unloaded at 10:30 and rode till 3. Snowing lightly all day. Should be great Thursday.

Premium Features