• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has the most pow? Looking at flights and rentals.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Who has the most powder in North America at the moment?

Due to the worst snow year of my entire life here in British Columbia, I am having deep snow withdrawal symptoms and looking at flying somewhere next week that has powder and renting a sled or snowbike for 3-4 days. It seems that Colorado is the best place at the moment but looking for suggestions.

Prefer an all inclusive that comes with decent "reliable" rentals, accommodations and a guide for a group of three experienced riders.

Suggestions?

C
Dec 24, 2014
You might be a week late... Everybody and his brother is here now tearing it up. Just in my little area I think we have a group from Iowa, one from Utah and maybe one from Washington. That would be about three times as many out of state groups as I usually see, not to mention I expect every local with a sled will be out this weekend too. Temps are going to come up significantly over the weekend and I expect the snow will settle and firm up quite a bit by early next week. THIS week was the week to be here.

Good Luck though, the riding should be good for months now but probably not too many more epic powder days.

aerochip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2014
Utah
Northern Utah in the Unita mountains was excellent this week but temps are rising and no new snow is in the forecast. I suspect there may be some decent tree riding to be had into next week but all the usual areas are going to get destroyed this weekend. This is a good resource for local weather in this area: http://www.wasatchsnowforecast.com

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Are there mountains in Boston? LOL Certainly not interested in spending a pile of cash to ride flat land. :face-icon-small-ton

The northeast has hills that would make any tree rider happy--- Massachusetts has the Berkshire Mountains. I seriously don't know what's open or not back there.
Spoke to my dad today back in NY. Old Forge has 8-10'. Old fashioned Lake-Effect winter they're having.

As to serious inquiries about where the western powder is at? I got nothing, so I'll get out of the way

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com
Wolf Creek got hammered!

Matt Entz could give you a sled to ride and teach you a thing or two.
http://www.mountainskillz.com/

It is a bummer to hear that even B.C. is low on snow. Good luck with your search!!

Ryan
Me and a buddy just got done with a week long trip there and rode with Matt Entz 2 of the six days, riding with Matt was pretty awesome, snow was OK... It was in the mid 40's and sunny, warming up quickly now :(

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
We got back from south fork colarado about a week ago, the day we got there, the clouds broke and we had 4 days of bluebird with over 100 inches of new snow..

All of us had 174 three inch tracks with turbos and it still was a stuck feast.. The shorter tracks never went far..

At this current moment, I am still sore and rate that trip as one of the best we had been on in a thrifty year sled career...

Follow the storms close and have bags and sleds ready to go..:present:

Premium Features