• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who else has a separate countershaft sprocket for winter/snowbike use?

B
I realized last night that it is probably a very good idea to get a new 13T countershaft sprocket to go with the new Regina 520 0-ring chain for my DTS 129 kit.

I am going to get a new CS sprocket and domed washer from GetDirtybikes.com to go along with the new chain.

Anyone else do the same?, or do you just use the sprocket till it is done?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Not even sure if youre just trolling at this point but what the heck. Here goes. Probably 15 bucks well spent. I didn’t worry about mine because it only had 5 hrs on it when i swapped.
To answer your next couple questions: yes you should have two silencers because you dont need a spark arrester in the winter, yes you need two seats because you sit pretty much all the time on a snowbike, and yes you will need a different set of gloves. Hope this helps?. Man, you and i both need some snow soon.

B
I ordered a new 13T sprocket just now.

I got my bike 02/22/2017 and it now has 2,000 miles and 200 hours and I realized that I shouldn't run the new chain on the used sprocket so for $32 shipped, a new CS sprocket is on the way.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Where you buying from, canada?
Nice amount of hours on a 2017!

6CD0F66D-A038-43B8-A407-701BB2353B54.jpg

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Ya gota watch old Ben. He may pull the engine to change the sprocket. LOL

Oh ya. Separate engine for winter. Most important part. Braaaaap!
Hope the forest service or whoever is is in charge openx it soon. Such a foreign concept. Sooo.. you cant ride if the “trails” are officially closed? So wierd. Is this russia danny?

B
Where you buying from, canada?
Nice amount of hours on a 2017!

I had ordered straight from the Beta USA website. Beta is just so small, unlike KTM or the big Jap 4, that the price is just nowhere near low, yet but the prices are still not in the exotic realm.

As the bike is a Dual Sport, now a Triple Sport, I ride it to and from work, about a 12 mile daily roundtrip any day it is not raining so probably 75% of the miles/hours are just street and NOT dirt. I would trade all the miles/hours for just 25% more dirt but at least I still get to ride the bike during the week till I can get to the dirt.

Last edited:
Premium Features