• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which aftermarket ski's?

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
I've put extensions on my Crossfire 800 to make it a 144" with a 2" Challenger. I"m presuming it would be best to put different carbides, and likely ski's on it to compensate for the different length/track.

Which C&A's would you suggest with which carbides?

Best place to purchase?

2008 Crossfire 800
144" w/ 2" Challenger track

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
We certainly have to do our fair amount of trail riding to get from A to B......what are the disadvantages of Powder Pros' on the trail? What's the sled react like?

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
The powder pros handle like they are on rails on the trail. they can make the sled a little tail happy though. But C&A's will do the same thing on the trail and won't really compare on the POW. If you buy Powder pro's you may want to get the modified ones from Carl's Cycle as they are supposed to be more forgiving on the downhills. I haven't tried the modded ones yet though but you can read about them in the Performance/Modified section or click here.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39154

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Is he selling them cut out? The concept makes sense, so maybe!

Whose got best prices on C&A's??????????

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
I have a set of powder pros and a set of simmins on each of my REV sleds. The better all around ski is the simmons. they work way better on the trail and also take to the powder good too. The PP's seem to be a better powder ski but don't handle on the trail nearly as good. I know this will change with every sled application though.

M
Nov 29, 2007
Goodrich, ND
I have both the Simmons, and and powder pro's. I love the PP's 99% of the time. The only time I don't like them is when there is a crust on the snow, then they are kind of a pain. Simmons are excellent ski's also, but in the fluff the PP's are superior

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Those ski's look bad ***. What carbides do they run? Run 3 different ones? two on the outside keels, one in the middle/?!?!?!

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Are the keels deeper on those x-mdt's? How are they physically different from the PP's???

Premium Features