• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to ride?

S
Apr 8, 2010
Alaska
Riding Area

Thank you for replying. I am in the Anchorage area. Fairly new to the sport and area. Unfortunatly I haven't found any riders in my job or neighborhood. But that doesn't mean I am not willing to go anywhere my sled will go. Thanks.

S
Apr 8, 2010
Alaska
Thank you foer the input. Don't have anybody to ride with. These areas have friendly riders where I might beable to tag along and make new friends? Thanks again. for the inputs.

M
Mar 23, 2009
Anchorage, AK
If the weather holds over the weekend, you're bound to run into a ton of people down at Turnagain. Assuming you're still somewhat green, you'll probably want to stick to the flat areas North and South of the parking lot and given the avalanche conditions, will want to stay away from the steep slopes.

I'll be camping down there with my wife and kids this weekend (2008 Dark Red/Maroon GMC Sierra 3500 with a Raptor 5th wheel). Since the kids will be with us, we probably won't venture too far from the parking lot, but you're more than welcome to stop by and I can at least give you some pointers on where to play and what to watch out for. My buddy and I may break away from the Wife and kid for an hour or two and go do some adult playing so you're welcome to tag along if that happens.

Premium Features