• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where is the snow in BC??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Don't forget that is snow/water equivilent and snow can be 10 times the depth of water. Unfortunatley not 10 times this year though as it is not exactly "fluffy".
Ya
Was out riding yesterday in some VERY WET heavy snow.
Just tooo warm right now.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
1 month behind schedule

A few Questions . . .

I hear the grooming has stopped due to low snow and high temperatures down lower.
Trails are whooped out badly (as in 3 ft whoops) . . ?
1 - Is that true?
2 - When do they expect to start grooming again? (probably depends on the snow and temps)
3- Does a person still have to pay for trail use (grooming fee) since there is no grooming going on?
4 - If so, what is the trail fee now?
4 - Can one still ride from places like Peaks Lodge or Boulder Mtn Resort, or is the snow all melted off down this low?
5 - If trails are not ride able from valley areas, where should one trailer sleds to ride from?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
A few Questions . . .

I hear the grooming has stopped due to low snow and high temperatures down lower.
Trails are whooped out badly (as in 3 ft whoops) . . ?
1 - Is that true?
2 - When do they expect to start grooming again? (probably depends on the snow and temps)
3- Does a person still have to pay for trail use (grooming fee) since there is no grooming going on?
4 - If so, what is the trail fee now?
4 - Can one still ride from places like Peaks Lodge or Boulder Mtn Resort, or is the snow all melted off down this low?
5 - If trails are not ride able from valley areas, where should one trailer sleds to ride from?
Sounds like you are talking about Revelstoke? I no longer ride there and where I ride we usually go where there are no tracks or grooming. If there are tracks, they are ours from a previous ride.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Winter is back in Revy!!
A good 3-4 Ft fell while we were there (up at the cabin area - boulder mtn), and more up higher in the bowl areas.
Trails range from absolutely terrible to a bit sketchy down low. Dirt, rocks, dirty/muddy snow, and massive whoops!
YES there was sled overheating, but you just have stop and let 'er cool down, then go till temps get up again . . . repeat :)
Once you get a little elevation, gets slushy, then snow is pretty decent on the trails leading to the "goods" up higher.
They groom every night, and also did one time at the end of the day. Sweet ride back that day :)
On top, the snow is epic!!!
Avy danger is pretty high. One guy (not in our group) got buried 4 ft deep, but luckily did survive.

Happy Riding!!

Premium Features