• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats the hardest running skidoo you've been around non turbo bb or just stock bore

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
this should get things going as my good friend says "first lair never has a chance" haha but on a real note what is the hardest skidoo you've been around and what was it 860 or what lets just talk non turbo we all can talk turbo but I'm wanting to here about the na motors that hall the mail please keep it clean boys :face-icon-small-coo

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
IMO a stock E-tec....those things run hard with little effort or $$.
I'm sure I will take some crap for that, but that's what I've seen and we have had MANY different combo's for comparison. :noidea:
I have not been around any BB e-tecs.

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
my bro in laws SHR 840 kit in his 04 REV 800 159
we went to REVY about 3-4 years back and i remeber one guy i nour group
tons of cash, zero fear and about $25k into his BRAND NEW 09 XP 163
the ol REV 840 went places that XP only dreamed about and with less effort

rider? maybe /...... but both were very good riders so Im not sure we can count that
Id like to ay they switched and tried eachother sleds, but I think dude was scared to get on the old iron, for fear that it would reach places his XP wouldnt!! LOL!

but honestly, that has been a SOLID sled for my bro in law, w ZERO ISSUES
literally Big John sent his the engine, we installed it, some very minor jetting / tuning and it has been pull and go since

if i ever decide to go BB, Big John will get my business ALL DAY LONG

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Don't feed him boys, he's looking for a cheering section :face-icon-small-hap. Hardest running big bore I've been around is Mini's 872. Old man's SHR sled is taking him out this year though-few new tricks to work w/. Lost a piston due to snow ingestion last year right as the 872 was getting really tuned in so we didn't get to keep going after each other. All the big bores I've seen run poorly, all need more clutch weight to let them work regardless of builder.

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
All the best sleds I've ran and ran against were clutched really good .They always stand out above the rest Having built a 1200 turbo,800 turbo,880big bore a good old squirt of nitrous is still my favorite

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
Don't feed him boys, he's looking for a cheering section :face-icon-small-hap. Hardest running big bore I've been around is Mini's 872. Old man's SHR sled is taking him out this year though-few new tricks to work w/. Lost a piston due to snow ingestion last year right as the 872 was getting really tuned in so we didn't get to keep going after each other. All the big bores I've seen run poorly, all need more clutch weight to let them work regardless of builder.

thanks buddy learned from the best hope it runs great:face-icon-small-dis look forward to riding with you again this year

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
IMO a stock E-tec....those things run hard with little effort or $$.
I'm sure I will take some crap for that, but that's what I've seen and we have had MANY different combo's for comparison. :noidea:
I have not been around any BB e-tecs.

winter talked to you a couple years ago and you had a shr860 and a dyno port 800 you like the etec better then both those sleds?

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Pound for pound... my 2009 600RS w/Trygstad 700 mod with all the goods.. Nasty little sled. Very hard to beat in 500ft.

My favorite: 990 Trygstad/Crankshop Twin BB in my 04 REV..Had lots of grunt, with a LOT of top end. Something you don't see a lot of in BB's...Took out several boosted Ti/Yammers at the drags..

Worth mentioning... 2009 800R 163X Stocker was a ringer...redicuously fast for a stocker. It outran a lot of ported and mod motors...Etecs don't even come close. Once in awhile you get a "bullet"...this is one.

Ahhhh. the good ole' days before Turbo's. :face-icon-small-ton

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Pound for pound... my 2009 600RS w/Trygstad 700 mod with all the goods.. Nasty little sled. Very hard to beat in 500ft.

My favorite: 990 Trygstad/Crankshop Twin BB in my 04 REV..Had lots of grunt, with a LOT of top end. Something you don't see a lot of in BB's...Took out several boosted Ti/Yammers at the drags..

Worth mentioning... 2009 800R 163X Stocker was a ringer...redicuously fast for a stocker. It outran a lot of ported and mod motors...Etecs don't even come close. Once in awhile you get a "bullet"...this is one.

Ahhhh. the good ole' days before Turbo's. :face-icon-small-ton
I am going to say my two hardest running sleds have been:

2006 Rev Race Chassis with a 136" track and Trygstad mod 800. We even had one BB builder climbing all over this sled at fairview one year looking for a nitrous bottle! LOL, Made a lot of longer and bigger sled's look bad on the hill with that sled! Nobody expected a short track to be so nasty on the hill.

2006 Rev Summit 151" with Trygstad/CrankShop 990. It was fast!! Won alot of drag races and it was killer on the hill.
990 at work well above 10,000 feet http://youtu.be/R_ejmpJ-ojU

Two best sled's I have ever owned!! Looking forward to this years sled though! Right Rocky ;)

Last edited:
M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
I am going to say my two hardest running sleds have been:

2006 Rev Race Chassis with a 136" track and Trygstad mod 800. We even had one BB builder climbing all over this sled at fairview one year looking for a nitrous bottle! LOL, Made a lot of longer and bigger sled's look bad on the hill with that sled! Nobody expected a short track to be so nasty on the hill.

2006 Rev Summit 151" with Trygstad/CrankShop 990. It was fast!! Won alot of drag races and it was killer on the hill.
990 at work well above 10,000 feet http://youtu.be/R_ejmpJ-ojU

Two best sled's I have ever owned!! Looking forward to this years sled though! Right Rocky ;)

nice climb that sled was ripping

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
03 800 x

I had a 800 summit x that kicked butt on every sled up against (oh yea did I mention stock.) then I put an ezride on it and it did even better. Beat worked 1000 cat. Maybe a prodigy sled. Hard to say but it ripped.

D
Jan 17, 2009
GF, MT
hot rod

my hog shop 780 with jaws pipes lectron 40 mm carbs have had this engine in five diffrent sleds and it flat rocks a true 185 hp beucase it sure has beat a lot of 1000 and 1050 .
havent lined it up with my new etec yet might this weekend but for old iron and heavy iorn it sure has ripped for alot of years

i wish hog shop still built sled engines there stuff was awesome bar none and there work was very good .
had alot of hack jobs wwhen it came to ported and big bores and they were horrible but hog shop really built the stuff jeff was fantastic to bad he lost his son in an avalance and lost all intrest in sleds .

i also rebuilt rkt kelseys 809 trail engine from a king cat and it was im presive work there i always wanted to race scott with my 780 but he sold it before we got to. i have had 780 809 830 and a 925 skidoo tripple and the 780 always smoked them all .

but i think the new twins are gonna smoke my old iorn

my 02cents dan

Premium Features