• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats everyone listening to - Pt. 2

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com

This was the first tune that I had ever seen/heard on a 45 that was not a kids tune.
I had kid 45's, but the folks' music was all on LP's.
Then the neighbor kid played this "new song" that he just got, and I was amazed that they put regular songs on 45's!

I just heard a story about this song recently, and I forget some of the details, but I was amazed to find that Frankie Valli was NOT the lead singer on this one.
The fella that wrote it sang it I think.

I seen Frank on tour [what seems like a few years ago] but was likely 10 yrs by now?
He was >80 and still sounded good!
His "Seasons" were all younger guys tho.

EDIT:

Well, wiki says that he is only 88 now, so it couldn't have been more than 8 yrs ago now I guess...

The older you (I) git, the harder it is to keep track of time...

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Variety is one of the wonderful things about music.
BUT, let's say you can only have one song to listen to and all other songs are gone. Sure you will get tired of it, but you gotta pick one. Which one do you pick? Which one can you tolerate the longest before you start to hate it?

I will pick Boston's 'Hitch a ride', and here's why...

I love the melodic intro, the vocal harmonies, the guitars from front to back are second to none, the organ solo rocks. The lyrics, some say are about suicide, which take on a special meaning with Brad Delp singing. Simply one of my all time favorites!

It would take awhile for me to get tired of this song.

Rick Beato breaks it down very well here

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Variety is one of the wonderful things about music.
BUT, let's say you can only have one song to listen to and all other songs are gone. Sure you will get tired of it, but you gotta pick one. Which one do you pick? Which one can you tolerate the longest before you start to hate it?

I will pick Boston's 'Hitch a ride', and here's why...

I love the melodic intro, the vocal harmonies, the guitars from front to back are second to none, the organ solo rocks. The lyrics, some say are about suicide, which take on a special meaning with Brad Delp singing. Simply one of my all time favorites!

It would take awhile for me to get tired of this song.

Rick Beato breaks it down very well here

I for one like long songs, most likely b/c you don't get tired of them as quickly.
So, in this case I would definitely lean that way.

Aja and Deacon Blues are both good candidates, and from the same album.

No Sugar Tonight / New Mother Nature is a double that should qualify?

Blinded by the Light

Cortez the Killer, Like a Hurricane, or something off Rust...

I'm Your Captain / Closer To Home

The End?
This one may be a little hard on the soul to listen to for the rest of your days?

Mtn Jam Live at the Filmore?

American Pie

There is a song about an iron boat up north that Shirley makes the list!

Hurrican is a contender, or even Tangled up in Blue, but I'm afraid that even at that length, he is always in a hurry, and I might have a heart attack just listening.
So prolly not

But to consider something closer to your pick, I could add a certain song from Escape to the list if I could talk Neil into turning that into an EP.
I am dead sure that_ that song ends AT LEAST 1 full minute too soon EVERY TIME!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
But to consider something closer to your pick, I could add a certain song from Escape to the list if I could talk Neil into turning that into an EP.
I am dead sure that_ that song ends AT LEAST 1 full minute too soon EVERY TIME!

Would that be "Still They Ride"?
Awesome guitar solo in that one!

Premium Features