• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twins. What’s the formula.

B

Blueside

Nov 30, 2007
Kitimat BC
www.blueside.ca
TWINS! What’s the consensus on SLP outlaw twins for the Axys 850. Does SLP have the tune figured out now? Is the Torque Link tune better for mid range bog? Read about stacking base gaskets? Clutching? Wrap or don’t wrap?
Does someone have a perfectly dialed system they’re willing to share. IMG_2902.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Dec 3, 2001
No. Utah
The first year with mine on my 2020 was a nightmare. Ended up being a crank bearing that was going and it seized. After the new motor install they have run great. There's still a small dead spot around 4500 - 5000 but its insignificant. I don't think they are going to shine on the bottom regardless of tuning and playing so I just ride and enjoy how hard it pulls through the the middle and top end. I have the stage two with the torque arm, the most significant part of the kit are the weights to me. I ride between 6,000 and 11,000 spending time in No. Utah and Island Park and I do take the time to pull and add a screw when I travel. Also have to run the ounce of Lucas octane boost. Its reasonable to buy in the case and I just keep a small measuring cup and bottle in my bag.

Adding the Zbros light weight rotor, flywheel and clutch parts this offseason.

Last edited:
B

Blueside

Nov 30, 2007
Kitimat BC
www.blueside.ca
The first year with mine on my 2020 was a nightmare. Ended up being a crank bearing that was going and it seized. After the new motor install they have run great. There's still a small dead spot around 4500 - 5000 but its insignificant. I don't think they are going to shine on the bottom regardless of tuning and playing so I just ride and enjoy how hard it pulls through the the middle and top end. I have the stage two with the torque arm, the most significant part of the kit are the weights to me. I ride between 6,000 and 11,000 spending time in No. Utah and Island Park and I do take the time to pull and add a screw when I travel. Also have to run the ounce of Lucas octane boost. Its reasonable to buy in the case and I just keep a small measuring cup and bottle in my bag.

Adding the Zbros light weight rotor, flywheel and clutch parts this offseason.

Awesome. Mine is a new motor last year about 300mi on it now. Have the full kit for slp too and Reid’s 6500-8000’

Premium Features