• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What kind of primary spring is that

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
My primary spring is dark green-pink. It may seem like a black color in the flashlight, but in fact it is dark green. I cannot find this kind of color spring in any of the available charts on the internet, anyone has idea what kind of spring might that be? I saw this color in secondary team spring chart, but secondary spring would not fit into primary right? I bought the sled slightly used so I am guessing previous owner put this spring in there, I only saw new sleds coming with black springs. I should probably replace this spring with another spring of a known parameters, any suggestions for a primary spring for tree riding?

here is the pic
bdxtvvU.jpg

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
you are right they have green-pink listed as drive spring with a rate of 160/340

my buddy stock rmk pro came with 140/330 spring.

Can someone please explain what is the riding difference between these springs? One of them will engage sooner is that right? which one, thank you so much.

Also if I change the spring to stock, do I also need to mess with the weights?

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
The green pink will engage at a few hundred rpm higher than stock, and also it will have maybe 50-100 rpm higher top end. I personally would not like that high of engagement for tree riding. There easy to change, slap stock spring in and see if you like it. Should not have to do anything with weights.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
The green pink will engage at a few hundred rpm higher than stock, and also it will have maybe 50-100 rpm higher top end. I personally would not like that high of engagement for tree riding. There easy to change, slap stock spring in and see if you like it. Should not have to do anything with weights.

by stock do you mean 140/330 ? is this good spring for tree riding?

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
spring

If you get a spring, get the slp blue pink, it has a lower enagagement and the same finish rate as the green pink, which means you shouldn't have to
adjust the primary weight since both the springs have the same finish rate. The stock black spring sucks, if you put that in, you'll more than likely have to adjust primary weight (take away weight) to get your rpm's back.

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
In my experience I seen very little performance diffence going from the stock black 140/330 spring to the slp blue pink. Either spring is a good choice and you shouldn't have to change your primary weights. I think the slp blue pink gave me 50 rpm increase over the stock black spring on the upper rpm. Just my .02$

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I think I found some problem. I was riding for a moment on my buddy's 2012 rmk pro and immediately I felt his clutch to be engaging much lower and snappier than on my sled. He runs stock black spring 140/330 and mine is 120/340. My weights are 10 62 I do not know what his weights are he has no idea either. I just put in a new belt, the deflection is more or less correct. any idea why this might be? what else should I check? his sled felt so much better I am shocked and very determined to have similar feeling on my sled!!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I think I found some problem. I was riding for a moment on my buddy's 2012 rmk pro and immediately I felt his clutch to be engaging much lower and snappier than on my sled. He runs stock black spring 140/330 and mine is 120/340. My weights are 10 62 I do not know what his weights are he has no idea either. I just put in a new belt, the deflection is more or less correct. any idea why this might be? what else should I check? his sled felt so much better I am shocked and very determined to have similar feeling on my sled!!

Yours is a 160/330 green pink right?

Go to a slp blue pink 140/340 or a slp black pink 120/340

Those will lower the engagement.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Yours is a 160/330 green pink right?

Go to a slp blue pink 140/340 or a slp black pink 120/340

Those will lower the engagement.

oh yeah, mine is green/pink. Only now I realized it is 160/340 according to slp website! I thought it is 120/340 which would be less than the stock of 140/330 my buddy runs. Thank you for showing me my mistake

btw, any idea why would anyone want to have a high engagement like with a 160 spring or even 170 which is in the slp offering too?

Last edited:
Premium Features