• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What’s the cause

P
Jan 2, 2019
2017 Assault 800 with 4400 miles. Original engine but obviously not for much longer. Any thoughts on what the cause is? I realize with mileage it was probably do but…
It’s a buddy’s sled.
4b0678432cd81e95aef91c27eb666f98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Check the PTO crank seal , I had one fail at 4000+ miles and the outer part of the PTO side main bearing was bad and I think that took the seal , but that might have been the other way around, anyway INDY Specialties did the crank PTO side bearing with new rod bearings and inspect all other components . This bearing failure put enough small particles up thru the transfer ports and scored the piston and Cylinder on the PTO side so I had INDY also have the cyl re nicosilled and hone and fit the new pistons , so over $2K down the road the machine is now running but has not gotten to the snow yet, that coming this weekend!! My suggestion here is make sure you pull it down far enough to see and check that PTO side main bearing visually, Unfortunately you cannot see what you need to because the seal is flanged and you have to split the case to get a look at the seal and at that time you can get a look at the outer part of that bearing, mine had the ball separator /locater broken and fell out in my hand when I was able to pull the seal off of the crank. Good luck from this OLD F--T in Wyoming
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features