• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Light setup for wife… suggestions?

CPan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 6, 2022
Alberta
If you could build the lightest, most trail friendly snowbike what would your bike and kit combo be? My wife is interested in coming out with me, but mostly just to ride the trails and open play areas. She won’t have much interest in hitting drainages or trees with me. Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
a 250 enduro 2 stroke electric start and a 120 aro/riot kit. we have built several after fooling with the small want a be snowbikes. 12 year old riders having a blast, now with time going by they are on to anything on the market. Had a 250 beta on a ride yesterday , plenty of power, 2017 120 TS kit on it, nothing special, effortless to ride, only thing easier on the snow yesterday was a 300 sx. You have to be able to setup the ski to work on a trail, then its ok.

B
Dec 29, 2023
Montana
I’ve ridden dirt bikes before but pretty new to snow biking. I’m 5’6” and picked up a 450 and an aro 129 s. Kit has been a lot of fun and much easier to manage with e start and a lower kit compared to the bike I learned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
My wife can ride around on the YZ450 or the WR450 with no problem. She can't pick it up when she dumps it, but as far as riding -- no problem handling the bike. I would make sure it is e-start.

That said, if she just wants to come out, ride the trail, and play in some open areas... maybe a snowmobile is a better choice than a bike?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
My wife can ride around on the YZ450 or the WR450 with no problem. She can't pick it up when she dumps it, but as far as riding -- no problem handling the bike. I would make sure it is e-start.

That said, if she just wants to come out, ride the trail, and play in some open areas... maybe a snowmobile is a better choice than a bike?
A sled with electric start, heated seat, gauntlets. = happy warm wife.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I have gauntlets in garage from “get those stupid things out of my way”
Heated gloves or mittens were bigger success.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My wife is riding a 250xc with a riot s. She loves it
I would think that is a great set-up. One thing the OG poster talked about was trail riding, I don't feel bikes are great for trail riding. But maybe its just me because I started out trail riding sleds. The bikes steering seems heavy on the trail and its always a balance how far to lean it over in the corners.

Premium Features