• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

West Mtn

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
figure we need a west mtn link in this area... haven't been there yet this year but heard it is still a little lacking in snow so far. Last year if was a great place to ride. Come on snow!!!

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
going saturday 15 DEC

we are heading up on sat 15 DEC to check it out... taking the girl (see avatar) so not a high speed / high mark trip but should be fun. we expect to leave the valley around 0700 and park at the lot farthest south... not sure of the name but the trail goes up to 4 corners warming hut. anyone wants to link up, its a big black F250 crew with a 4 place enclosed mirage. more the merrier.

Brad

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Brad, how was the snow... we're heading up in the morning and thinking about going to West... not sure where yet. Possibly Cascade side but we might go to Donnelly as well.

Scott

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
the snow was not really there. we went by the southern parknig lot and kept going... went to McCall and it was GREAT. snowed on us all day and was still snowing when we left tonight. the girl was wipped so we came back down. i'm heading to trinities with some guys (cat dealer group from mtn home) so hope they got some snow too...

i'll probably go to to McCall next week if i can get a partner or 2. I have tues and thur off so... wanna go?

there might be snow on top of 4 corners and out toward 44 or off to the south but the lower part was not pretty. bummed cause I really like that area. we also stopped at the warming hut at cougar mtn (smith's ferry) on the way down and the people there said the snow wasn't really deep enough to ride much there...

pray for snow.

Brad
484-3600:face-icon-small-win

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
There should be plenty of snow now. We plowed the driveway at the cabin on Tuesday and I went up there for work yesterday. Took about 3 hours to get out of the garage and open both driveways. Took an hour to push the snow off the enclosed trailer that I left up there. The top of the blower is 30" high and is 5 1/2' wide. It really dumped up there. The cabin is between Donnelly and Tamarack off the lake.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
ExtremeOne,

Rode farm to market today up on jughandle. Snow was awsome. 3 feet of bottomless fluff. Stumps and logs were covered and although another couple feet would be nice, it was plenty safe and all 3 sleds came back in 1 piece. Alot, and I mean alot of peeps were headed up tonight so watch out for crouds and have a great day tomarrow. It should be bluebird like it was today!!

A
Jul 27, 2001
Meridian, ID
Had a great ride up Ladybug and over to Rock Lake. I was surprised that very little had slid. Had one little one right as you enter rock lake, but that was it. The snow had a bit of a base and the pow on top was GREAT!!

We got there early and got in the parking lot, but HOLY COW there were a lot of rigs parked on the road when we left at 4ish!!! We only saw a few other groups on that end of the mountain though.

D
Nov 29, 2007
McCall Idaho
weird.

i'm told cougar mountain parking lot is PACKED today.

one pickup at westface, 40 at francis wallace, and 15 rigs or so at upper elevation.

I'm really shocked there isn't more folks up on this end of the county.

Probably the snow is too deep for most folks. but if you stick to our well groomed trails, you should be safe.

D
Nov 27, 2007
Star , Id
west mt. --- canoe

we road up at canoe on saturday and on wed. after xmas . The snow was freakin sweet both times . wed. the top was foggy and snowy but super deep .My buddy road lady bug also this week and said it sucked , thats weird . I guess the good snow is a little further northwest .So go up no buisness for good snow .

B
Dec 16, 2007
Nampa, ID
West Mtn is my preferred area to ride. We will be up there alot this winter. Snow was great on Wednesday, 5' at Monument Tree with about 8-10" of new powder. Visibility was really bad. Hit a tree took out my right a-arm. Hope to see you out there

E
Nov 26, 2007
meridian idaho
Who's riding sunday the 30th? My cousin and I are coming up Sunday morning and want to find some riding buddies. Both are fairly good riders and I know the south end of west mountain pretty well.

E
Nov 26, 2007
meridian idaho
Went up west mountain today. LOTS OF SNOW. Don't know why people say no snow? We rode out of the farthest south lot (anderson creek I think?). Rode up the west mountain trail to the ridgeline trail. Once on top it was blown off and little visibility. Came back down and went over to play in the trees by hill 44. Lots of wind pack but there is a ton of powder in the trees. On one of my stucks I dug down about 5 feet in powder. If everyone else wants to go to mccall I will be happy to ride the fresh at west.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Nampa, ID
We are riding west tomorrow (1st). My buddies went to McCall and found lots of snow with NO base. Hit rocks and stumps all day. Depending on conditions we will either go toward 44 or the Tree Farm. We should be at the P-lot by 0900. Also, I think we might stay the night and ride on Wednesday too.....Depends on conditions.

There will be three of us, 2 REV Summits and a RMK900 :beer;

N

NOSNOSUKS

Nov 26, 2007
boise idaho
Sat turned out to be a really nice day up at west mt. and go figure my cdi box took a crap on me once the blue sky showed itself. One of the better powder days that I have seen. But I did get to play on an XP for a little.

D
Dec 7, 2007
My brother and I rode up on what we were told was west mountain last year several times. We went out of Cambridge towards Council, at the bottom of a 3 lane section of the hwy. we turned right. Believe it was up one of the forks of the Weiser River (maybe the Middle Fork??) Went up this gravel road to a bridge and unloaded. Has anyone been up in this area, how was the snow and could you get turned around? Looked like at times getting turned around could be a problem? Thank You

Premium Features