• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight loss for the 18

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So what's going to be the low hanging fruit for weight loss for the 2018? Hood, pipe and can or just can, oil tank delete??? The earlier M8000 was good for 40-50lbs with just those few mods. Same for the 18? I went nuts with mods on my 2014 ProLite 900 but I'm not up for that again.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Heck I haven't even put my can on my current sled yet. Anymore the sleds are good enough out of the box to just ride the way they come. The most I'll ever do again is a can, lefty and bags. With how much they cost now your just throwing away even more money by doing a bunch of mods...

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Unless TKI does something different between now and next fall my understanding is on the 18s the stock oil tank will be used due to the electronic oil pump.

I don't believe that is the case. MVM is already shipping out belt drives w/plastic oil tank for the 18' ProClimb. I would imagine TKI will be doing the same.

Last edited:

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
I don't see why you can't delete the oil pump and reservoir? Looks pretty straight forward to me.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Why not? Un plug pump splash tank and bypass oil lines. The pump is mounted in the oil tank and the water pump section is a wet lube already.

Hewhospends

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Why not? Un plug pump splash tank and bypass oil lines. The pump is mounted in the oil tank and the water pump section is a wet lube already.
From what I've read about how the new electric oil injection works, injecting oil into both the air intake flange and the fuel rail, using different amounts of oil from idle through WOT, with the new electronic oil and fuel management system, I wouldn't recommend deleting it. I think that is just asking for trouble.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Cat does it on there 600 ctec mod sleds? Im thinking it will be easy. Oil is oil weather its injected or mixed in the fuel.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Not when the injectors are half way up on the back of the cylinder, not in the throttle bodies on the bottom front of the engine. How do you lube the bottom end and lower cylinder walls with a delete?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
Weight Loss

-19 (Diamond S Lite Can: if stock can weighs the same 22lbs?) $580.00
-10 lbs (Mountain Valley Machine Belt Drive) $1100.00
-2 lbs (Front Boggie wheels) $FREE
-2 lbs (foam in chassis) $FREE
-6 lbs (BDX Pro-Max induction system) $400.00

-39 lbs $2080.00 est????

Hewhospends

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Cat does it on there 600 ctec mod sleds? Im thinking it will be easy. Oil is oil weather its injected or mixed in the fuel.

Be sure to update us on how that works out. It's risk vs reward... the risk is prematurely blowing up the motor that won't get warranty. The reward is saving about 6.5lbs. Personally not worth the risk or hassel to me.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
How does the oil that is injected on the bottom of the engine lube the pistons on the current suzuki engine?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
How does the oil that is injected on the bottom of the engine lube the pistons on the current suzuki engine?

The fuel/oil mix comes in through the crankcase on the zuke and lubricates everything in the rotating assembly. The bottom of the pistons and cylinders are open to the crankcase so that mixture is constantly lubricating them. On the newer motor you will lose all lubrication on the lower end whenever the injectors are firing on the top side of the piston if you go pre-mix. At least that's how I understand it.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
The fuel/oil mix comes in through the crankcase on the zuke and lubricates everything in the rotating assembly. The bottom of the pistons and cylinders are open to the crankcase so that mixture is constantly lubricating them. On the newer motor you will lose all lubrication on the lower end whenever the injectors are firing on the top side of the piston if you go pre-mix. At least that's how I understand it.

Look up your info, they still have oil injectors injecting in the crank case. I think there's 4 or 5 lines leaving the oil pump

Premium Features