• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Waiting for a 2014?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
For the price difference between an Assault, why not just buy a Pro RMK, sell the shocks and buy the ones you want (Fox, Exit, Raptor). You could even widen the front end for another $400 from Zbroz or Holz. All of your stock parts will sell well to offset the price. Going this route will get you the stock belt drive and get you a sled now!

Or...you could just buy a belt drive for a stock Assault.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I think you'll find the 2013 shocks set up and valved much differently than the 2011-12s.

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
To the original question, Yes, I am waiting until '14 to get a Pro. I too am hopeful that Polaris adds the belt drive to the Assault. Given a year to R&D and production feedback, I'm confident they can tweak the drive, and hopefully incorporate a tensioning system to allow for cog changes. That said, if the Assault does not have the drive next year, I will be getting a RMK. I held off this year, and made some updates/upgrades to my Turbo Pro, in hopes that Polaris makes these tweaks and maybe even some additional motor changes. That said, I just found out some information about the mapping of the "13's and it is a definite plus.

S

shell_guy

Jan 28, 2008
Red Deer, AB
I am waiting on a new motor or other significant change. If nothing happens next year then I will be boosting and putting a D&R C3 drive on my '12.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
I will have close to 3000 miles by end of the season and ready to upgrade. I will be looking at a 14 Pro and 14 Doo it all depends on how the 13 hold up in both rides. I am waiting to see if the belt drive works (Know it will), what will the boards look like after heavy use, will the seat get any shorter (I have a badonkadonk) and need some seat, how will she hold together with glue and carbon fiber. Will the tunnel warp with use. I will ride a 13 pro, my buddies bought 3 I will also ride an XM to see what I think, not entirely brand loyal but 12 of 15 sleds I have owned are Poos.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Aussie you aren't to far from Tom's Snowmobile shop are you? He is a great resource for shocks. I am sure he could arrange a test ride on a Pro he set up with Foxes. Test it out and let us know what you think. If you are ever in Washington you can ride mine. I have a set of Evol X's for the front and his complete skid coming for the rear. Won't even get to ride my sled stock this year at all.:face-icon-small-ton

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I would really like to see the standard RMK with the belt drive and a 163". Then I could take the money saved on the Pro and have a headstart some Exit Shocks!

155Assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Meridian, Idaho
Assault Shocks

I have the 2012 WE Clickers on my 2012 RMK. Thaye are not as good as the Assault shocks, Probably in part to the extra width ont he Assault front end. I love the suspension on my Assault. I have 2500 miles on it without a single issue. Would sure love to have that belt drive though......
All my friends over 200lbs like my assault better, my friends 160-190lbs like the easier roll of the RMK. Generally speaking of course.

A

Aussie Niko

Aussie you aren't to far from Tom's Snowmobile shop are you? He is a great resource for shocks. I am sure he could arrange a test ride on a Pro he set up with Foxes. Test it out and let us know what you think. If you are ever in Washington you can ride mine. I have a set of Evol X's for the front and his complete skid coming for the rear. Won't even get to ride my sled stock this year at all.:face-icon-small-ton

Not too far just a 17hour plane flight :face-icon-small-win True, once I'm over there in Feb I can probably go check one out. I did have fox shocks on my old Apex which were great!! Cheers for the offer for a ride too would love to come up at ride somewhere other than Tahoe one day.

Premium Features