• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

viper seats & seat covers

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
just thought i would start a thread for aftermarket seats & seat covers whats out there?not sure if iam just going to do a new cover or light seat,stock one is comfy.

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
Good thread to start. I've got a 14 viper and am looking to ditch stock seat.
-A few things I've found already. Skinz looks good but requires a battery relocation, which im not real interested in.
-WRP also looks good but cant seem to find any pics of one installed.

I
Nov 26, 2007
For just seat covers I've found on most sleds it's cheaper to have it redone locally than to buy an aftermarket cover and do it yourself.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
For just seat covers I've found on most sleds it's cheaper to have it redone locally than to buy an aftermarket cover and do it yourself.

iam currently looking at this option, but thought i would see whats out there,i have always run murrys seats from mnt mod but know he doesnt make one.

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
RSI

I put the RSI seat cover on my proclimb. Its very well made. I believe it was around $150. Was easy to put on just needed a stapler.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
checked rsi and didn't see a viper seat cover. Are they making one?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Good thread to start. I've got a 14 viper and am looking to ditch stock seat.
-A few things I've found already. Skinz looks good but requires a battery relocation, which im not real interested in.
-WRP also looks good but cant seem to find any pics of one installed.

i sent a email to wrp for a pic if they have one.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Had a WRP one on my 7000 at the Edmonton sled show in October. Got the first 3 they made. The tank is different on these compared to even the long tank version on a PC, at least all the ones I've seen. If the 2015 Vipers/7000 are the same as the 2014 then the PC is definitely different. WRP was the only seat I could find almost 2 months ago. The seat does fit tighter than this shows. We put this seat on just hours before it left the shop for the Thunderstruck premier. We didn't have time to get the tank edge tightened up which is where most of the wrinkles come from. Couple things with the install like cutting a bit of plastic out where the solenoid posts are for clearance and the rear snap may or may not be used as it pulls it kind of funny. Hope this helps. I stock the WRP seat in house. I think I only have one left currently.

1555359_416710645144591_6384064035552703358_n.jpg

Last edited:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I was waiting for the release of the M7000 seat and I see its pulled from Cat's accessory website. Anyone else building a seat besides WRP and skinz ( which has that god awful classic seat hump) ? Need something lower and wouldnt mind a proclimb style seat,

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The Skinz is the best seat available for the Viper in my opinion.

It is shorter than stock and lower. You DO NOT have the relocate the battery. It comes with a handy pouch that is sewn onto the seat that goes right over the battery area and looks really clean.

The foam density is really nice and there is some grip on the cover.

Pic is a bit blurry so sorry for that.

skinzseat.jpg

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
your seat looks much different from whats on their website, they have different seats or is it an old pic they posted?

Edit: i see there is 2 versions i was looking at the standard vs yours being the freeeride

how much lower is the freeride version and whats the height of the other seat that skins makes?

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
my stock seat is great when on the trail other than that its just in the way when moving side to side its to tall for my short legs lol.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
my stock seat is great when on the trail other than that its just in the way when moving side to side its to tall for my short legs lol.

yup super comfy if sitting for some of trail but otherwise to big and bulky.. Reminds me of the mountain mod seats

Premium Features