• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

viper rear skid upgrade

B
Jan 12, 2011
hayden,ID
i have a 2003 viper-slp pipes v-force reeds. runs great. I have a junk 144 track on it with stock pro action 121 skid with the long extensions.i bent an extension and straightened it out.dont trust it to last.I have a near new 151 2'' camoplast ready to use, i just need to change out the skid-so many options. do i get a rx1 151? mt. max? arctic cat?I would love to spend 1000 bucks, but it isnt gonna happen.anyone have a good reasonable suggestion for me? any and all advice is appreciated. thanks

mutley531

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton, UT
If you're going to replace the skid, you may as well go with a non-yammi skid. I have an xtra-10 in my MM. My brother just put an xtra-lite in his Viper. Pretty much any other skid than yamaha will loose weight, and you should be able to pick one up for ~$300.

mutley531

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton, UT
I should mention that if you have a 151" track, you may as well do a set-back with whatever skid you use. I'd look for a 144" skid from polaris or arctic cat.

B
Jan 12, 2011
hayden,ID
just wondering why a 144" with a set back? would i still have to use extensions? also going from a 144 to a 151 do you think i would have to re clutch? im figuring stuff out but im still dumb to clutches and suspension. thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Premium Features