• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

utility/working/pulling sleds?

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Anybody have any info good/bad on utility sleds? Looking at the ski doo tundra/skandic, polaris voyager/widetrack, yamaha venture/viking, and AC bearcat models. And past models as well.
I am thinking of getting one of these for a 2nd sled. It would be for the wife to trail ride when she wants to tag along but i would also like something that i could pull firewood with and use around our hobby farm.
I am sure the widetrack models could pull a boxcar but they are quite spendy, bearcat looks really impressive.
Would it be a good idea to get one of these if it wasnt used day in/day out? Should i just look at throwing a hitch on a 121'' Fan cooler for around 6k? Or just spend a few grand on a early 2000s?
Thanks for your input.

DG
(...on GGs login)

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
There's a sweet skandic 800 widetrack on eBay you could look at. I bet those things would be hard to get stuck on flat ground.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
If you want an older cheap work sled buy a tundra. Late 90's-2000's. Very simple, reliable, cheap, and light. Spent more time with them than I care to admit. Don't make much of a trail sled though...

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I used a Bearcat in NW WA, N. ID and W MT cruising timber.

They are functional but super heavy. DO NOT GET ONE STUCK!!

For your wife to trail ride? Buy her a used short track, she would enjoy it a lot more.

Premium Features