• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TURBO's THE GOOD THE BAD THE UGLY...Lets talk about it!!

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
ya i should be up there a few times filming would be a he!! of a good show . ill get ahold of u when we come up there to ride
mike:D

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
did those cutler turbo boys find out if that 53 series was smoked or not . have they got those new intakes fixed yet ?

It was actully just a bad turbo from the factory. Packard took a look at it,
call the factory and shipped it back to them for inspection. With in a day they shipped a new 53 series turbo back to Packard and Travis(skibumm) I believe is back together and ready to ride at no cost to him. The CPC intake melting was by no means as bad as some made it sound. But as a percuation Dale has the fix in route.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
call the factory and shipped it back to them for inspection. With in a day they shipped a new 53 series turbo back to Packard and Travis(skibumm) I believe is back together and ready to ride at no cost to him. The CPC intake melting was by no means as bad as some made it sound. But as a percuation Dale has the fix in route.

good to here they took care of it for u guys . and the intake thing . see u on the hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R
Jan 2, 2002
Newman Lake Washington
Ohh K....Misunderstood me...I COULD have cost me 18,000,,,if I Lite the Match on the hill...12,000(sled) 6000(turbo)..control box 450...going to try that and if that does not fix it BD..turbo is coming off and shipped back...go with something alot easier...

Is it even possible that these two quotes were made on the same thread?? lol...It totally flys in the face of logic and common sense doesn't it??:rolleyes:

Hey...Has anyone heard anything out of SPS racing..I havent heard or seen anything from him in a long time....for that matter I havent heard anything out of Derrick either....They ridding all the time now instead of surfin the 4m and posting there results of ther testing or what??:confused:

Ragged

D
Nov 26, 2007

Skibumm would have to step up here and verify but I didn't think he had his turbo back yet. He did tell me that the factory stood up and promised him a fix or a new turbo right away.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
nope truly i havent even seen a doo wit a turbo on it othere than in a movie . all the ones ive done have been m-series sleds . id like to try other brands but havent yet!!!!!!!!!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Is it even possible that these two quotes were made on the same thread?? lol...It totally flys in the face of logic and common sense doesn't it??:rolleyes:

Hey...Has anyone heard anything out of SPS racing..I havent heard or seen anything from him in a long time....for that matter I havent heard anything out of Derrick either....They ridding all the time now instead of surfin the 4m and posting there results of ther testing or what??:confused:

Ragged

SPS is alive an well. They are ridiculously busy building kits. They also have some AWESOME projects they are going to start in the next 2 weeks.
I ran my SPS kit on the snow today at togwotee and im here to tell you that the set up rocks! Absolutely rocked!!! wicked fast response and more than enough power @ 10lbs. My ineffecient and crappy aero put a smile :D on my face all day (even after the ugly part)

Here is my two bits about the ugly of turbos -- You have to do something with your stock suspension. I dont think you can have too much ski pressure... wish someone would have told me that before i wheeled over and broke my handlebars and guages... LOL lesson learned and will be fixed this week!!! Cant wait to ride the sled again!!! :D:D:D

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
SPS is alive an well. They are ridiculously busy building kits. They also have some AWESOME projects they are going to start in the next 2 weeks.
I ran my SPS kit on the snow today at togwotee and im here to tell you that the set up rocks! Absolutely rocked!!! wicked fast response and more than enough power @ 10lbs. My ineffecient and crappy aero put a smile :D on my face all day (even after the ugly part)

Here is my two bits about the ugly of turbos -- You have to do something with your stock suspension. I dont think you can have too much ski pressure... wish someone would have told me that before i wheeled over and broke my handlebars and guages... LOL lesson learned and will be fixed this week!!! Cant wait to ride the sled again!!! :D:D:D

chit phatty, way to stir the pot. Your kit is supposed to suck and be innefficiant, dont gloat. you goddamn liar! it sucked! you wish you ran an auto!

De-nile aint just a river in Egypt

R
Jan 2, 2002
Newman Lake Washington
Phatty

Thats an awsome report!! Even if the auto boys dont believe it...lol

I just wish I could get Brook to call me....Im gettin close to having my new Dragon and am wondering how they are coming along with kit for the 800...The wait is killin me....lol....

We finially got snow to ride here in N ID and Polaris hasnt delivered my sled yet...with in 2 weeks I'll be on it Im told...We'll see....then its turbo time!!:eek:

and I'll be skinnin cat the rest of the season!!:D

I want ol Speedy first!! :cool:

Ragged

S
Nov 26, 2007
Syracuse, Utah
Hey Phatty,, Did you have a tough time setting up the attitude box (fuel settings)? I just had this kit put on my Dragon but with no snow I have not run it yet. I have the box set up with the suggested settings and I may not have to mess with them at all. I was just wondering if you had to play with that at all. I'm glad to hear you can have fun with a small insufficent turbo.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
Phatty

Thats an awsome report!! Even if the auto boys dont believe it...lol

I just wish I could get Brook to call me....Im gettin close to having my new Dragon and am wondering how they are coming along with kit for the 800...The wait is killin me....lol....

We finially got snow to ride here in N ID and Polaris hasnt delivered my sled yet...with in 2 weeks I'll be on it Im told...We'll see....then its turbo time!!:eek:

and I'll be skinnin cat the rest of the season!!:D

I want ol Speedy first!! :cool:

Ragged

get in line there ragged the line is long but ull get ur turn LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features