• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo performance Turbo XP in Wyoming

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
I am prayin...like to see that xp with the nytro and a stocker run alongside that 1200....1st place 1200, 2nd xp, 3rd stocker,4th nytro...wooops LOL..I think I got 3rd and 4th mixed up:D:D:D

i want to boost my xp. but that video does not convince me to spend 5k. doesn't look that impressive on film. but film can be deceiving. i need a video of a stocker and a boosted on an untracked hill. climbing to beet hell. that video didn't show us much, except faster speed, which doesn't mean much to me, i want to climb, not drag race.

I never said they were junk or didn't work or anything like that. I said it doesn't look impressive in that video, but video can be deceiving. WHEN DID I SAY I COULD BUILD A BETTER TURBO? OR MAKE ONE RUN BETTER? HMMM, i gave my thoughts on the video and now i am the best turbo builder in the world according to myself. XPSPENZIV i wish you lived closer so i could always hang out with your genius self.

never anything possitive to say,always negative,never enough for you.
safeway cheese is 2.00 cheap wine is 2.00
here is .02 for your cup

build your own turbo kit from scratch,make your own sledneck video
im sure it would be better faster,climb better than anyone elses.

you sound like a un satisfried hen!

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
My problem is i am not a photographer. i bet there is better ways to film. Like with back drops, angles, and highlights. I will try better next time. All i can say is weston on that film thought that he was moving and the xp's were walking all over the nytro. We did have a stock xp there but he couldn't make the hill until we beat it down pretty good.

My problem is i am not a photographer. i bet there is better ways to film. Like with back drops, angles, and highlights. I will try better next time. All i can say is weston on that film thought that he was moving and the xp's were walking all over the nytro. We did have a stock xp there but he couldn't make the hill until we beat it down pretty good.

Definately good to see some video of the ever elusive turbo xp. Thank you for that. Not trying to say anything bad, i was just saying it was hard to see the full potential of the kit in that vid in my opinion. thats all. if it sounded bad, i apologize, that wasn't my intent. Hope to see some more vids of these things ripping it up. Best of luck.

Alan

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Bryce, What track lengths are the sleds?
You could see the power the Nytro had when it was on the hard pack but, it fell off quick when it hit the powder.. had to have a short track. The blue and white sled looked like it was running the best..
Who was doing the filming and the commentary?

Good to see another video showing your kit! Nice job and keep up the good work.

PS. next time you have a shoot out let me know. I would like to enter my sled:D

Cheers:beer;
DC

T
Jul 21, 2008
www.turboboyz.com
It was a 151. I told him he needs a longer track but he said he's out of money.
Don't worry I'll be in the snowy's in a couple of weeks and will have fun with several XP's and XR's
Josh

Bryce, What track lengths are the sleds?
You could see the power the Nytro had when it was on the hard pack but, it fell off quick when it hit the powder.. had to have a short track. The blue and white sled looked like it was running the best..
Who was doing the filming and the commentary?

Good to see another video showing your kit! Nice job and keep up the good work.

PS. next time you have a shoot out let me know. I would like to enter my sled:D

Cheers:beer;
DC

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
This is why we need to see sleds run side by side on untracked hills....then we can determine who is climbing faster,higher and floating better. I couldnt understand why the sleds were runnin up a beaten path either,then turnin out at the top.Maybe the hill was pretty knarly at the bottom,I dunno. get them side by side and see what happens. Like I said earlier t-xp,stock xp(same model same track),t-nytro and whatever else you wanna run.Hell,change the riders after a poke and do it again.Just get them side by side.Then find a big hill and do some highmarking using your own path. Im not tryin to tell you how to ride,I enjot the vids and some competition,this is just my .02 on how I would do it.:beer;:beer;:beer;

Keep em comin!

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Anything else? Thats quit a list.

This is why we need to see sleds run side by side on untracked hills....then we can determine who is climbing faster,higher and floating better. I couldnt understand why the sleds were runnin up a beaten path either,then turnin out at the top.Maybe the hill was pretty knarly at the bottom,I dunno. get them side by side and see what happens. Like I said earlier t-xp,stock xp(same model same track),t-nytro and whatever else you wanna run.Hell,change the riders after a poke and do it again.Just get them side by side.Then find a big hill and do some highmarking using your own path. Im not tryin to tell you how to ride,I enjot the vids and some competition,this is just my .02 on how I would do it.:beer;:beer;:beer;

Keep em comin!

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Once you turbo a sled it all comes down to clutching. So you can have more hp in one sled but if the clutching sucks so will the sled..
The turbo Doo that is our group has had the clutching changed 3 times since you saw the video of it on it's madien voyage.
8#'s of boost on 2 similar sled should run the same. If the clutch set ups are similar.
When Josh and Bryce come down to the Sierra Madres in a couple of weeks I have the perfect hill for side by side comparisons. The only problem will be that the hills will already have tracks on them. To find an untouched hill will be tough to find unless we get a bunch more snow..
We should be able to compare stock xp's 163 tracks. PG boondocker M8 162,
Race G. boondocker M8 162, A couple of big Nytro's with big azz turbo's 174's,
and what ever the T.P. boyz bring.
This could be a great time if the snow is good.

Josh make sure you have insurance on your sleds so I don't feel bad if you loose one down a hill:D

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Was that really at 9500'? What elevation does the tree line stop at?

Premium Features