• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo expert 154 3inch suspension setting question.

C
Oct 13, 2021
Idaho
What are everyone’s suspension setups for this sled?
Limiter strap long position?
Rear adjustable shock more toward H or towards L?
180 pound rider with gear.

150+ or nothin

Mar 1, 2011
I have ridden a 154 3” turbo doo the last two years with 5 psi boost at 8-10,000 feet. I would say it really depends on your goals, riding style, snow conditions, terrain, boost level, etc. If you are trying to outclimb your buddy then I think that you bought the wrong sled. 154 3”looses a lot of forward drive traction with wheelie. To keep the front end down when climbing you have to have the rear super stiff, mid shock soft, limiter tight. I just don’t find the sled as fun to ride that way as it takes a lot more input. Good luck even with those settings keeping front end down on something real steep. 165” NA sled will climb as good in lots of situations mainly due to keeping the front end down better.

I normally run the rear softish, mid shock medium, limiter loose, Skis medium. It super playful and re-entry city that way. I like it in a variety of snow conditions. 180 lb rider weight with gear. If you ride steep trees it can be too much wheelie and not real controllable so I will tighten the rear if trying to climb steep stuff in control.

I would be curious what other people would say.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I have ridden a 154 3” turbo doo the last two years with 5 psi boost at 8-10,000 feet. I would say it really depends on your goals, riding style, snow conditions, terrain, boost level, etc.

Exactly! Experiment, and see what works for you. There is a lot of variables depending on riding styles, and experience.

C
Oct 13, 2021
Idaho
I have ridden a 154 3” turbo doo the last two years with 5 psi boost at 8-10,000 feet. I would say it really depends on your goals, riding style, snow conditions, terrain, boost level, etc. If you are trying to outclimb your buddy then I think that you bought the wrong sled. 154 3”looses a lot of forward drive traction with wheelie. To keep the front end down when climbing you have to have the rear super stiff, mid shock soft, limiter tight. I just don’t find the sled as fun to ride that way as it takes a lot more input. Good luck even with those settings keeping front end down on something real steep. 165” NA sled will climb as good in lots of situations mainly due to keeping the front end down better.

I normally run the rear softish, mid shock medium, limiter loose, Skis medium. It super playful and re-entry city that way. I like it in a variety of snow conditions. 180 lb rider weight with gear. If you ride steep trees it can be too much wheelie and not real controllable so I will tighten the rear if trying to climb steep stuff in control.

Awesome input! Thanks man! I’m not a climber really at all! I want to make it up stuff I need to but am all about wheelie city and re entry’s. I tree ride also but am not trying to go into nar ville!

Premium Features