• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Bag and Seat bag - Help

goinxtreme119

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Helena, MT
What is everyone using for tunnel bag on the new sled? Want waterproof, not some obnoxiously large looking thing. Able carry some spare tools, gloves, goggles, help minimize weight on my back to the avy bag and shovel.

Don't want it to have issues with the coolant running through the tunnel.

What are thoughts on the skidoo seat bag? Looks tiny? Anything even fit?

Thanks

Motodrew

Lifetime Membership
The seat bag is TINY! I'm not even sure a pair of goggle will fit. For those of us not running estart, it would be extremely intelligent to utilize the extra space the battery compartment has! Someone needs to design a seat bag with the battery compartment cover removed.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The seat bag is TINY! I'm not even sure a pair of goggle will fit. For those of us not running estart, it would be extremely intelligent to utilize the extra space the battery compartment has! Someone needs to design a seat bag with the battery compartment cover removed.

That's the fuel tank you are talking about ?

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I actually got a lot of stuff in the seat bag. Glove box extension about doubles that space also. Skins bag on linc brackets gives me everything I need and some.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
What is everyone using for tunnel bag on the new sled? Want waterproof, not some obnoxiously large looking thing. Able carry some spare tools, gloves, goggles, help minimize weight on my back to the avy bag and shovel.

Don't want it to have issues with the coolant running through the tunnel.

What are thoughts on the skidoo seat bag? Looks tiny? Anything even fit?

Thanks
I initially planned to use the BRP "slim" tunnel bag. But after looking at it in person, decided not. I wasn't happy with the lack of water proofing and use of nylon straps to hook to tunnel.
Similarly, I had reservations about the new 21L bag. Good single Linq mount and dry, but it's just one big chamber for my lunch and DeSoto bang around in, there is no external shovel storage, and it is pretty spendy.
Instead, I'm going to just use a BCA MtnPro bag mounted to a White Out Technology rack . The bag is awesome, with good visibility, dry storage, compartments, and external shovel storage. The rack bolts right up to Linq cleats/mounts, and all together its still about the same price as the BRP bag.
The only issue is that I have to figure a way to hard mount the bag to the rack. The stock mount from BCA does not work as it requires you still the middle of the tunnel. But with a bit of aluminum, I think it will hook right up to the White Out rack in a single pair of Linq cleats. The rack is back-ordered, but will have it here soon to put all together.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Trapper, my bag is sled solutions tunnel bag they offered a few years ago. I forget the model but they are on their web site. The rack it's mounted on is a real nice rack manufactured by Dody Manufacturing in Thompson Falls, MT
https://www.dotymi.com/
if the other link doesn't work, try this one.
https://www.dotymi.com/20-snowmobile-accessories
Of course the skidoo Linc brackets you have to buy seperate.

Last edited:
R
Apr 16, 2016
when I bought the seat bag initially I wasn't happy. After installing it and filling it with what I wanted in there I was surprised at how much stuff I managed to fit in it. bigger would be nice but it's not terrible by any means. For the tunnel bag I went with the ski doo medium linq bag. Tonnes of space and seems like it should stay dry but only time will tell. if it doesn't stay dry I'll just use a sealine drybag for the stuff that I want to stay dry I guess.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Here is what can happen to the LinQ tunnel bags...I had two of them rip off on a whooped out trail. Nothing overly heavy in them either the violent back and forth rocking just rips the soft bottom out....

tunnel bag.jpg

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Here is what can happen to the LinQ tunnel bags...I had two of them rip off on a whooped out trail. Nothing overly heavy in them either the violent back and forth rocking just rips the soft bottom out....

Same thing happened to mine last year. They don't stay dry after that.

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
I mounted a BCA bag also on a aluminum plate a bolted it thru the linq mounting holes
5eab77c5a625df2abbd4cc786094fb02.jpg
db44f2e09cdf8d1d33e60bb2e903b444.jpg
1b550f62a6f877a399aff032b9e22d9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I mounted a BCA bag also on a aluminum plate a bolted it thru the linq mounting holes
5eab77c5a625df2abbd4cc786094fb02.jpg
db44f2e09cdf8d1d33e60bb2e903b444.jpg
1b550f62a6f877a399aff032b9e22d9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That BCA is a sick Bag, the only thing I don't like about the ski-doo seat bag is the seat was made to be small to get your foot around and that bag makes the seat bigger than an xm seat.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Has anyone tried to mount or figured out how to mount a Polaris lock and ride bag on a Ski-doo. Polaris makes a sweet bag that holds a shovel, but looks not so compatible unless your fab something up.
6f2b14abd1becca927e916f5b35f24ac.png

Last edited:

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Has anyone tried to mount or figured out how to mount a Polaris lock and ride bag on a Ski-doo. Polaris makes a sweet bag that holds a shovel, but looks not so compatible unless your fab something up.
6f2b14abd1becca927e916f5b35f24ac.png

I was thinking about a linq tunnel rack and that Poo bag

Premium Features