• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

TSS Bypass Info

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Quick message to let everyone know that my bypass' are back in stock. I had a lot of orders come in when the snow started flying and I sold out Sunday night. I had to order some components and they showed up today.... I asked everyone that ordered over the past few days to wait on sending payment until I could ship - I can ship in the morning.

Thanks again for your business.
--Chris

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Hey Sheetmetalfab - it's not a secret, I just send paypal instructions via PM. I'll send them to you. It would be great to have a buy it now button for sure, that would save me a lot of PM's and emails.

Cheers,
Chris

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Hey Sheetmetalfab - it's not a secret, I just send paypal instructions via PM. I'll send them to you. It would be great to have a buy it now button for sure, that would save me a lot of PM's and emails.

Cheers,
Chris
it’s really easy to setup an ebay ad?

just add 10% to the price to cover fees.
(you also get cheaper shipping through ebay and the label automatically populates with buyer information)

I’ve sold over2k in parts over the last year

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Thanks for the info Sheetmetalfab - for now, I will stick with the PM deal, but I will look into it. Have a great season.... we are getting close here in SW Idaho.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Thanks for the info Sheetmetalfab - for now, I will stick with the PM deal, but I will look into it. Have a great season.... we are getting close here in SW Idaho.
And I still have no purchase information........

A buy it now button would probably have it here already.......

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I put a Munster finger on my 850 this year. Heard a lot of “I’d never ride a sled without one”, so thought I’d try it. It works well and is nicely designed and is a quality product. But I could do without it. Not something I’d put on another sled. So before spending the money on it, ride one and make sure it’s for you.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
I put a Munster finger on my 850 this year. Heard a lot of “I’d never ride a sled without one”, so thought I’d try it. It works well and is nicely designed and is a quality product. But I could do without it. Not something I’d put on another sled. So before spending the money on it, ride one and make sure it’s for you.
I ran a munster finger throttle for 2 rides.
Wasn’t able to get full throttle (not enough pull)

Throttle cable began fraying after one ride.

Sold it on ebay, bought a new throttle cable........

Learned my lesson......

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
South Lake Tahoe, CA
I ran a munster finger throttle for 2 rides.
Wasn’t able to get full throttle (not enough pull)

Throttle cable began fraying after one ride.

Sold it on ebay, bought a new throttle cable........

Learned my lesson......
the key with the munster is to make sure the cable ferrule moves freely in the lever.
myself and my buddy both knocked down the casting edges on the ferrule and smoothed out the recess on the lever. cable moves freely with no bind.

Premium Features