• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trying to decide on SnowCheck: Axys or Pro-Ride

S
Feb 28, 2012
I'm struggling to make up my mind and could use some input from the rest of the Polaris family. I'm torn between a 2016 SKS Axys with the 2.25 peak track or saving a few bucks and going with a 2016 Standard RMK Pro-Ride thats loaded with accessories..

Right now I'm looking at 14,000 OTD for the SKS or 12,500 OTD for the RMK. I really want to go for the 800 HO, new chassis, forged a-arms, clicker shocks, led head light, etc...BUT, that extra 1,500 is pushing me just outside of my comfort zone for how much I want to spend.

What do you guys think I should do? Just go for the SKS and try to save up some more cash by November, or play it safe with the proven RMK? I actually dropped the deposit today for the RMK, but started second guessing myself before they actually submitted the order.

Please help!

-Mike

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It's just a matter of what you can or want afford. The axys is going to be more than worth it in my book. Everything about it is better than the pro. If it had the same motor as the pro I still think it is a way better sled. If not going for the axys I would find a holdover 15 a good used one with warranty. They will be way cheaper.

S
Feb 28, 2012
I know I hate to spend so much on a pro chassis sled but I havent had any luck finding exactly what I want in the used market. I'm leaning towards the SKS for sure it just hurts to spend $14,000:decision:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I have to agree with Terry on this, if your not going to get the new motor and new chassis buy a 15. You can buy brand new ones right now for around 8,900.

Where are you located? have you checked other dealers for pricing on a 16? There are dealers snow checking 16's Pros OTD for under 13k.

One more thing, if you go with a 15, buy it this month. March has been the lowest pricing the last few years and come april polaris pulls back some rebates. Might be different this year but thats the way its been going. Eric

S
Feb 28, 2012
Who has brand new 15's? I'm in southeast michigan. The other thing I wonder about is resale between the two in a few years, I'm thinking the axys would hold its value better.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Every dealer in the west has new 15's in stock for rock bottom pricing. Some BIG dealers have close to 100 new sleds in stock.

The first name that comes to mind in the midwest that stock lots of mountain sleds is Bristos in St.Paul MN. They also have low prices too. Not sure about Michigan. Eric

S
Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for the input so far. I did call several dealers within a few hour drive and this particular one has the best pricing out of them. I will try to have them work on the price for the SKS and then most likely go that route. I also just noticed there is a manufacturer sneak peek preview nearby this weekend, I'm sure that will help push me towards the SKS if I see one in person.

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
I bought a 15 a month ago (before the release) and paid $9350 Canadian $ and spend $2200 US on Raptor clicker shocks all the way around and would do the exact same thing over again.

The raptor shocks are night and day from (obviously stock) and the walker Evans that were on the SBA's that I had before. Plus they make the sled look 100x better

Plus I ride a lot of flatland and the less tippy Pro-Ride chassis is more appropriate in my books. It's an awful lot of work on trail and I can't image what an Axys would be like...

The new chassis looks great and the SKS graphics are rad but I'm gonna use the cash to make my own custom SKS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4e06bcb9434472706e0380cef86907a.jpg
78c6b92edd19ff3492cddc89f66077f8.jpg

Last edited:

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Every dealer in the west has new 15's in stock for rock bottom pricing. Some BIG dealers have close to 100 new sleds in stock.

The first name that comes to mind in the midwest that stock lots of mountain sleds is Bristos in St.Paul MN. They also have low prices too. Not sure about Michigan. Eric
Bristow's is in St. Cloud, MN they do have a pretty big inventory and good pricing.

Also, Mies Outland in Watkins, MN is big.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Bristow's is in St. Cloud, MN they do have a pretty big inventory and good pricing.

Also, Mies Outland in Watkins, MN is big.

Good Catch! I got my "St's" switched around there :) I have bought from bristos before and they were the cheapest of anyone in the mid-west. Eric

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Who DOESN'T have leftover 15's. No way I would by a 2016 pro chassis. If you don't want to spend the money on an axys, get a leftover 15. But remember that some of the extra you spend on the axys will come back to you in resale

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I agree new axys or leftover 2015. I'm sure if you sniff around a bit you'll find a 2015 that meets your spec. Either a new leftover or a used one that someone put 50 miles on.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
I bought a 15 a month ago

Wow, you got to ride during the last month. All my sled has done is collect dust over the last month. Lucky Dog!!! :face-icon-small-hap

I hung in there for awhile, rode over a little dirt to get to the snow. But after this two week warm spell we've had, I think it's time to summerize them.

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
I bought a 15 a month ago (before the release) and paid $9350 Canadian $ and spend $2200 US on Raptor clicker shocks all the way around and would do the exact same thing over again.

The raptor shocks are night and day from (obviously stock) and the walker Evans that were on the SBA's that I had before. Plus they make the sled look 100x better

Plus I ride a lot of flatland and the less tippy Pro-Ride chassis is more appropriate in my books. It's an awful lot of work on trail and I can't image what an Axys would be like...

The new chassis looks great and the SKS graphics are rad but I'm gonna use the cash to make my own custom SKS

[]

Wow, you got to ride during the last month. All my sled has done is collect dust during the last month. Lucky Dog!!!:face-icon-small-hap

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I wouldn't buy anything until next season and see if there's any snow to ride. I bought a 15 TD this year and it was a total waste of money only got to ride it a few times. Don't think I've ridden it once this year...

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
LMAO. That works!

But I guarantee next spring or the spring after, you will get more for a 2016 axys than you will for a 2015 pro.

You will, but when you pay 9,000$ for a sled vs $14,000 I would bet you will get at least 7 grand out of the '15 vs selling the axys for 10-11grand. Overall you would end up better off IMO. Even if you throw some upgrades into the '15 such as a 3inch track and stuff.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
I never said you would get it all back. But you will get at least some of it back.

I totalled it up because I debated this myself.

I got a leftover offer for 9200. My axys without accessories cost me 12800.

+600 for equal warranty
+1200 (Difference in MSRP. This is the only way I could factor in what would be gained back in resale)
-12800 Cost of axys

That means I'm 1800 in the hole for the newest latest greatest, new motor, new chassis, sled that is customized to my liking as far as color plus has painted tunnel, rails, and spindles which I dig the heck out of.

That's how I justified buying a snowcheck instead of a leftover for myself. Others may think differently.

Premium Features