• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer brakes question

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
I have a legend 27' inline with brakes on both axles. The brakes aren't working. I traced power all the way back to the magnets, but they don't click. Is it possible that all 4 magnets went out? It's only 2 years old.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
voltage

Also, check the voltage. Is it Max battery voltage when you hit the manual override on the brake controller? When you pull your drums off, does the magnet have a smooth surface to ride on or is it rusty (if rusty, a scotch lock wheel and wizzer will clean it fast) Do the magnet cams move freely? are the shoes adjusted out all the way? I hate trailer brakes, I always end up fighting them.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
Also, check the voltage. Is it Max battery voltage when you hit the manual override on the brake controller? When you pull your drums off, does the magnet have a smooth surface to ride on or is it rusty (if rusty, a scotch lock wheel and wizzer will clean it fast) Do the magnet cams move freely? are the shoes adjusted out all the way? I hate trailer brakes, I always end up fighting them.

Yes, max voltage on manual override. The magnet looks good, no rust. Everything moves freely and seems to be adjusted properly. I'm no impressed with the way this Legend was wired, lots of Scotch-locks used to connect wires...

Premium Features