• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track torn! MY23 165 Expert

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Wondering how much durability has been compromised and could it still be used?
Curious if this model of track will continue to rip?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_8509.jpeg IMG_8508.jpeg IMG_8507.jpeg

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Dry it right out and gorilla glue it back together. Let it cure for a few days in the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Wondering how much durability has been compromised and could it still be used?
Curious if this model of track will continue to rip?

Thanks in advance.
My buddy tore one of his lugs and tore the flat of the track yesterday. It's not the durability of it its the fact he went ripping through deep snow minimal base hit a tree stump / log after i told him i wouldn't do it lol. We rolled it over and could plainly see were it got poked through then tore. I think if people were honest with themselves there wouldn't be a question of durability.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
My buddy tore one of his lugs and tore the flat of the track yesterday. It's not the durability of it its the fact he went ripping through deep snow minimal base hit a tree stump / log after i told him i wouldn't do it lol. We rolled it over and could plainly see were it got poked through then tore. I think if people were honest with themselves there wouldn't be a question of durability.
I’m not sure what your implying. “ I think if people were honest with themselves there wouldn’t be a question of durability” Track has a rip, caught a stump, (it happens) just asking for thoughts on durability after a rip, nothing not honest about that!!!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I’d be getting a replacement ordered, personally.

I hate being broke down in the woods for something that was preventable.

It’ll probably live a while longer, but at some point it will fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I don't think glue alone is going to last at all. Add some stitching as Teth-Air mentions and it may get you by for a few rides, but I think you're in for a new track.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
I’m not sure what your implying. “ I think if people were honest with themselves there wouldn’t be a question of durability” Track has a rip, caught a stump, (it happens) just asking for thoughts on durability after a rip, nothing not honest about that!!!
What I ment is if people admit maybe I shouldn't be shredding through places in minimal base snow pack like it's a 5ft base then I think track wouldn't be an issue. Yesterday was 4ft plus deep with maybe 2ft base that's why my buddy tore his told me I should've listened to you but when we've been waiting so long for snow and now it 4 plus feet of fresh it's hard to be to not want to shred.

Premium Features