• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track porting

arhcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2009
northeast MT
I'm considering porting the track on my '07 M8 153''. A buddy told me it weakens the track enough to allow stretching, shortening track life.:confused: So, anyone with experience with a ported track or know of problems related to porting?

I would have a professional shop do a punch port which is clean and fairly cheap.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Punched a few tracks and have had ZERO problems. Definitely improved spring time cooling issues. Tracks didn't wear out or stretch in my experience.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Do not BURN the cord . Let the cord dangle or cut it.

Burning it will make the cord useless​

W
Nov 28, 2007
Ported mine and love it. It certainly helps with snow build up in the skid. I didn't port mine on the outside of the rails though.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I am running a used A-20 ported and straightened in HC pos.
It looks as if it has had a lot of use, and is still in good shape.
After running ported, and non, I would not port my own track... I have seen very little diference between a ported and non ported track.
Plus people port them over the idlers and they vibrate more.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
I ported mine this past fall, one season ported and one with out porting, I must say I did not notice a difference. I have ove 1500 miles on mine and it still looks new, no issues with integrity. I too only punched the inside and stayed off of the idler wheels.

Z
Dec 6, 2007
Edmonton
Whaaat....

4 seasons on my ported track. Noticed right away that it spooled up a lot quicker. Only ported down the centre. About 2 Lbs of rotating mass gone. No stretching. Love it and will do it to all my tracks in future.

Premium Features