• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track for a 2004 AC F7 Sno Pro

Y
Hey guys! newbie here, I apologize.

I wanted to see if I could open up by picking someone's brain.

What's the LARGEST paddle track I can fit on my 04' Arctic Cat F7?

It has a lengthened rear suspension on it, to make it a 136" track.

I'm currently running a 1 1/4" nubber with studs. However, it completely SUCKS up here in the mountains of Idaho.

I'd like to get off the trail more, and follow my friends back into the country a bit more.

I know, it's a "race" sled... however, I got a steal on it, and it's got a fresh motor, and is in great shape.

Was going to put SLP Powder Pro skis on the front, and wanted to get rid of this nubber track.

I contacted Tracks USA about it, and they said they don't carry a track that'll fit my damnit.

SO.

Could someone, anyone......... PLEASE turn me in the right direction to getting this thing some more boogie in the deep stuff.

PS, the Trinity Lakes area, in Elmore County are sitting right now with over 100" of snow.

PLEASE HELP!

I really appreciate it.

-Matt R

:D

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
You can run a 2inch if you notch the lugs to clear the heat exchanger extrusions on the tunnel.
Otherwise you will have to get smaller drivers.
Just buy a 136 2" and cut each side 3/4 of an inch and notch the lugs.

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
Firecats are only 13.5 wide. This is why you may have some trouble in the deep stuff. But they are also rocketships when it's somewhat packed down.

Y
Damn.

Now THATS gunna' be hard to find a track for.

I don't even think Camoplast makes one in that width with a 2" paddle, do they? I've been searching the net for some time with no luck.

:(

FML. lol.

Maybe I should just try to sell it and get a different one.....

Anyone interested? lol

$3500 OBO.

Last edited:
K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Camoplast made some 2.25 conbo tracks but they were 144 and longer, and have been discontinued.
Yes, it is a 13.5 inch track.
Like I said, buy a 136 and cut it down.
Do a search, there are lots of ways to do it. jig saw, etc.
I have done it before and it is not too bad.
You may be able to find a 13.5 2" track, but probably not a 136, and you will pay top dollar.
136's are easy to find, and cheap.

Y
Camoplast made some 2.25 conbo tracks but they were 144 and longer, and have been discontinued.
Yes, it is a 13.5 inch track.
Like I said, buy a 136 and cut it down.
Do a search, there are lots of ways to do it. jig saw, etc.
I have done it before and it is not too bad.
You may be able to find a 13.5 2" track, but probably not a 136, and you will pay top dollar.
136's are easy to find, and cheap.

I thought these tracks were held together with pins? Or are they more like an overgrown "belt" if you will?

Sorry, my ignorance sucks here. :(

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
You're not going to find a 13.5x136 track because it was never made. The biggest track you will find to put on that sled is a 13.5x128x1.7". You would have to buy a 136" track and cut it down to fit. They did make a 13.5x144x2.25 to fit the Firecat EXT's but they are now discontinued. I have a 1.7" with 1.87 studs on my '04 F7 and the studs tore the tunnel apart even with the track super tight. I have heard of guys running 2" tracks on these, however, I don't see how they could fit. It is pretty tight in there with just the 1.7". Tracks USA does sell the 1.7 track, that's where I got mine. If you plan on trail riding with it, the 1.7 doesn't hold up very well but it's much better off trail. If you really plan on doing alot of off-trail, deep snow riding, a firecat isn't very good. I have spent thousands on mine and it still won't keep up in the deep snow. That's why I bought an M7! If you want lots of info on Firecats, check out the hcs forums.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
A good old 2" Challenger fits fine and does not need to be notched. Just need to cut 0.75" off each side to narrow up the track for the Firekitty tunnel.

Here's my old '04 151"

Dsc08436.jpg

Y
Holy smokes, it IS possible.

Now THATS badass.

I have a little more faith in my sled now.

Ok... what'd you use to go about cutting it down on the sides?

Just a good work bench and a sawzall?

Any and all info would be MUCH appreciated. And... was it hard to do?

So, you bought a correct length track, but 15" wide. Then you just cut down the sides?

I'm impressed.

If that's how it works, than I'm totally going to do this, this summer.

I Love how nimble my ditch pickle is..... i just wanna go play up in the woods with my buds.

THANK YOU for the picture!!

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
The tracks are rubber and fiberglass I have never had an issue by cutting one down.
Not sure on the drivers on an 04, but mine is an 03.
I turned the 10t drivers down as far as possible to clear the 2 inch track.
I also did a setback and drop down brackets for the 128-136, so no notching of the track was needed.
A friend did a 128-136 in stock suspension mounts and had to notch the track and run 9t drivers.
Do a search and you should be able to find all the info you need.

Premium Features