• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top ten ways to buy sled stuff w/o your wife finding out;)

J
Jan 1, 2008
Northern CO
Someone falls into the "cheaper to keep her" catagory.

Just tell her, Don't fight it honey its bigger than both of us.

Try having a girl with horses, at least I can stop spending money when I want.

Preach on brother! At least I get to use "Her" truck in the winter to haul the sleds--so long as there isn't a horse show that weekend!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I just tell the wife everything...I mean if she is going to have to work overtime at least I want her to know what for! :beer;

C
Oct 22, 2008
MN
i have now owned my sled for 1.5 years now and she has no idea what color it even is cause i keep it at work, when i bought it i paid cash and she just about blew a gasket that i paid 7k for it-she thought they were only 2500-3000k brand new. so if she does ever see it i will tell her its all stock and havent changed a thing-she has another thing coming.

I have my own credit card she dont know about-billing come to my work

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
Bawhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

NSC that's priceless right there.

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Someone falls into the "cheaper to keep her" catagory.

Just tell her, Don't fight it honey its bigger than both of us.

Try having a girl with horses, at least I can stop spending money when I want.

I already did that after my old ½ quarter ½ Morgan Died I gave up my horses and now I just turn the key but once you are into horses it’s hard to stop. its spendy I know! now we have 4 acres of land and the neighbors us it. but that’s ok cause we are not buying hay for winter. so yes I feel sorry for you. but I know what a joy it is for her!

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
Well I have a great wife and she does not even like snowmobiling. The only thing she asked me once is how come you just can't ride it like it is? Did not really have a great explanation for that one,lol. As long as we have the money it is all good. We have never hid anything from each other which makes it easy for me. She lets me go out and ride WHEN we have snow here in MN and she is cool with me going out west for a week. I have friends that are like "how can you take a whole week off with 2 kids"? I personally do not like tension in the house so as long as I don't hide stuff there is less tension than what I normally cause. Man I have a good wife - I LOVE HER!! Was that a little on the sappy side?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I told my wife that if she let me ride her as hard, fast and often as I do my sleds, I would spend that money on her instead.

She's never questioned a purchase.

NSC

That's pretty funny. HAHA. I don't think I could get away with saying that one. HAHA

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
When I met her I only trail rode in WI, so had to get her a trail sled and all the goodies. Now we are out west most of the time and as long as I got a mountain sled I guess might as well get her one to, once again with all the goodies. This whole thing is costing me twice as much. She doesn't care what I spend but WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
I've learned the hard way before. Apparently "Do whatever the hell you want..." doesn't mean what you think it does. haha,

Last year my wife found out about my turb from my best friends wife - that was some good laughs.

I'm lucky to have a very understanding wife, and I've found that if keep her involved in my hobbies she is even more understanding. I make it a point to get the wife and kids out on the sleds a couple times a year...

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
top ten

I just tell the wife everything...I mean if she is going to have to work overtime at least I want her to know what for! :beer;

Even my wife liked yours tudizzle :D

You guys think I run a diamond s hood because it's light. Wrong

If wife asks is that a new sled :rose:

My response is Huh! Thats same old hood I've had for years

Premium Features