• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top ten ways to buy sled stuff w/o your wife finding out;)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I just tell my kids so they will be sure to tell her.........oh thats right..I am divorced...pisses her off that I get to buy what I want....:eek::D

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Get a new wife......

Mine told me flat out to stop worrying about the $$ and just buy the turbo for my M8.....cause she knows how much fun I am going to have. Gotta love that!

K
keep your woman satisfied and don't sweat it ..works for me

Okay....share with us wise one...."satisfied woman" (?) Probably the best Oxymoron I've heard in a long time! :face-icon-small-hap
Not all of us are hung like a Mountain Yak! :(
Seriously though, I spent more on the wife this year than I did on myself. She got the 07 600 Summit, I'm workin on a new pair of gloves. :rolleyes:

C

cowboysedge

Apr 3, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
Seriously though, I spent more on the wife this year than I did on myself. She got the 07 600 Summit, I'm workin on a new pair of gloves. :rolleyes:

Ya!!! I hear ya!!! I love the fact that my wife loves motor sports, but it sure cuts all the mod funds in half. I just bought a used crf 450x and she walks out of the dealer with an 09 crf 230. Whats wrong with this picture?

Last season I spent a $1000 bucks on a custom paint job for her sled.

So as far as my wife not knowing what I buy is a thing of the past!!! Now I just tell here what I need and she orders it.:D She loves calling and giving the part guys a bad time. They all can't believe it when she calls, tells them what she needs and then asks them if they want the part #.;)

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Nope. Then she gets half of everything that you bought

Someone falls into the "cheaper to keep her" catagory.

Okay....share with us wise one...."satisfied woman" (?) Probably the best Oxymoron I've heard in a long time! :face-icon-small-hap
Not all of us are hung like a Mountain Yak! :(

Just tell her, Don't fight it honey its bigger than both of us.

Try having a girl with horses, at least I can stop spending money when I want.

O
Aug 17, 2009
1. Marry a wife that never goes into the garage
2. Marry a wife that hates snow
3. Marry a wife who is blind in both eye's
4. Marry a wife that never leaves the house
5. Marry a wife that is really dumb
6. Marry a wife who has a job overseas from Nov to May
7. Marry a wife who works nights and sleeps days
8. Marry a wife who lets you pay the bills
9. Marry a wife who doesn't care
0. Marry a wife who spend more $$$ than you do.

OT

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I used to buy a new sled every second year and my ex never figured it out,as long as it was " black". Although my wife is alot smarter than that sooo i just have to be honest with the purchases but some times a few fibs maybe told about the cost of some things. Or sometimes shipped to a Buddy's house;)

H

Hiterhard

Oct 13, 2008
Northern WY
If you are married and lying you have trouble coming. There is nothing that will kill a relationship faster than a lack of trust. My guess is if you have a competition of who gets to spend what on what, you have trust and communication troubles and some one feels cheated. I would resolve that first before you buy sled parts. After the divorce there is not much money for sleds.

thanks Dr. Phil

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
1. Marry a wife that never goes into the garage
2. Marry a wife that hates snow
3. Marry a wife who is blind in both eye's
4. Marry a wife that never leaves the house
5. Marry a wife that is really dumb
6. Marry a wife who has a job overseas from Nov to May
7. Marry a wife who works nights and sleeps days
8. Marry a wife who lets you pay the bills
9. Marry a wife who doesn't care
0. Marry a wife who spend more $$$ than you do.

OT

1-10. Marry a rich wife, and charge her for sex. (fixes two problems):beer;:beer;

thanks Dr. Phil

You trying to tell us something with your user name:D

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
oh, if only more wives thought like you! In my wife's world what is hers is hers and what mine is her's. Any dollar i spend is a dollar she didn't get to spend.

you see if he buys stuff for his sled then i get to have new stuff for my sled. Its all good you have to keep each other happy he is my best friend. There is nobody in the whole world i would rather be with then him we have so much fun in every thing we do. Just enjoy each other life is short.

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Three step plan:

1. Collect lots of parts in your part of the garage. Truck parts, bike parts, sled parts... keep anything you take off or offer to store parts from other people's toys.

2. Buy whatever you want using the separate checking account/credit card method.

3. When there's a question about something that looks new, just say you swapped some parts with a friend or someone over the internet.

Works every time.

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
I like to use my personal business account :D and unless the whole sled changes color she won't have a clue.

I have a buddy that switched from a black 07 RMK to a 09 black XP and his wife had no idea it was a new sled because the color did not change.

this is so true. My wife has a new boss and she comes home and says "I really like his vehicle". I asked her what kind it was and she says

it is green with a brown roof.

Then she looks at me funny likeI am stupid because I don't completely know what vehicle she is talking about. Duuhhhhh - it is green with a brown roof.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i get a really good deal on everything i buy. i would tell the gf that its gonna make ir more fun for both of us. buttt she is actually smarter than me and just shakes her head in pitty of me

Premium Features