• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tollgate-conditions/whos riding?

P

powder Head

Nov 27, 2007
Marysville Wash
Yup Tollgate, staying at Tamarack Inn the 25th and 26th could stay another day if the snow is decent then heading to McCall. Schedule is still up in the air depending on snow. Wow, isn't that a novel consept.

Great ride at Tollgate today bout 6 inches new and probably 8-10 new 7 meadows area , in fact enough to drop in and cross the canyon and ride all over through the trees 70 mile ride great day, getting better everyone, if it continues snowing will try Halfway next weekend

P

powder Head

Nov 27, 2007
Marysville Wash
North Eastern Oregon in the Blue mountain range. Between Walla Walla, Pentilton and Baker city. Never been there but like to try new places, ussally like to ride Halfway but snow doesn't seem to be great now and am planning on ridding there a couple more times later in the year.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Moxee WA
good day

My group went up to tollgate Sat as well. Conditions were very good for an early season run, better than some mid season last year. Had about 6 inches of powder at 7 meadows snowpark, and we were riding in about a foot on top. Not much of a base, and had to watch for stumps when going through the trees, but really good day. We put on about 65 Mi. Also the trails were nice, not all hardpacked and rutty.

Steve

Looks like Halfway didnt get any of this storm I am in shock, where is all the snow going are the blues the only place getting snow? Didnt look like central Oregon got a lot either, 7 meadows snopark?/ Do you mean morning creek sno park? Yes about 6 inches at the sno park but definetly deeper 7 meadows area about 15 miles out, was enough that when I went down hill there snow was pushing over the hood,

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Moxee WA
Is morning creek snowpark the horseshaped one with the restroom at the top? Ive only been there twice, I was riding with a couple guys from the Trail Finders club, I wish Tampico had warming sheds and sno parks like the ones up there. We too had snow comming up on the hood up top, and we were the first ones tearing up the snow at a couple of the meadows.

Ithink your group actually went by us at the first turn off , we had 4 sleds and you went around onto the fresh powder road out towards 7 meadows, you had the first tracks. I actually think you went by twice, also we turned in front of you to the left , and hit the canyon, and you all kept to the road. I think you had an orange 1000 and you also had a couple guys with older sleds, maybe like 4or 5 of you?

P

powder Head

Nov 27, 2007
Marysville Wash
If Tollgate is good we will stay one more day, if not it's off to McCall. So I belive the longest we will be riding there will be will be the 27th. Appreciate the offer though. We travel by the seat of our pants depending on the snow. We still will need to go up to Priest Lake, Roman Nose and Trapper and all of those great Northernn spots in Idaho and Washington. It's all good.

It might be off to Halfway this week end they got over a foot over night, Tolgate looks like got about 5 inches, hopefully more to come that would put fish lake over 4-41/2 ft with more on the way , with a good base underneath and stay off the slide hills. Wont know fully decide till thursday or so, if I stay will probably do Tolgate saturday

Premium Features