• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To all MCX NYTRO owners

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Aluminum pipe wont work I dont think...the rubber hose is ovaled inthere because its so tight....plus youdont want to cut the hose....less clamps the better IMO. I totally forgot to take pics.....but its faily easy to find....you need to remove the rubber hose from the pre cooler to the intercooler and i think you can slip it out with out removing either...I may be wrong here??

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yes, you can take the charge tube out without removing any coolers. Once the gas tank is off you can loosen the 2 hose clamps and take it off.

If you are sitting on the sled the charge tube would be on the left side of the motor. Right at the top of the tunnel. The gasket is on the motor right where the charge tube hits the motor.

Once removed you can not miss the half mooned spots on the gasket. They are at the top of the motor on the left side.:beer;

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
i went the easy route also just bent a small piece of stainless steel and glued it home like thistledoo.

i do think the tube will work but it would have to be bent in a slight u shape and flattend a bit since the space between the frame and motor is right at 1 3/4 inches. if i had a way to bend it i would do it.

here is some pics

here is the boost hose were talking about

here is the gasket or plug were tring to protect

here is the shim i made to keep the pressure away from the gasket/plug

here is the shim in place

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Just checked, mine pushed in also. All you that pushed yours in, did you find the half moon piece sitting under the valve cover?

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Thanks guys for finding this one.
My pushed in also 450 miles. Going to pull the tank and hose right away will keep you posted if the Half moon is still attached.

Wondering if I can still save the gasket also?

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
The 1/2 moon is part of the gasket. One piece moulded, it's not that expensive for a new one. Peen the head surface where it sits and glue it in place with something other than #4. Can't remember the stuff we used, it's white, will check the # on the tube at the shop.

H

Hangtime

Dec 2, 2007
Mine's pushed in also, had to shove a rag in there for a day of riding.

Hangtime

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
this is what i built for my own.....very similar. this thread saved me too mine was about to go when i checked.

DSC00737.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00738.jpg
[/IMG]

H

Hangtime

Dec 2, 2007
Gaskets are on factory backorder, looks like I'll just make something to fit.

A
Feb 28, 2009
Yes, you can take the charge tube out without removing any coolers. Once the gas tank is off you can loosen the 2 hose clamps and take it off.

If you are sitting on the sled the charge tube would be on the left side of the motor. Right at the top of the tunnel. The gasket is on the motor right where the charge tube hits the motor.

Once removed you can not miss the half mooned spots on the gasket. They are at the top of the motor on the left side.:beer;

I just bought a MCX Nytro and noticed alot oil in the engine compartment...my question is if the half moon gasket is pushed in, how much work is it to install a new one?

thanks

D
Nov 26, 2007
pull the seat and the fuel tank. You then will see the top of the motor. Pull the top cover off the motor and replace the gasket. It is pretty easy. Pull the charge tube also. You do not have to loosen the snow cooler or intercooloer. Build a plate to protect the gasket and cylicone it in place. When I did mine I also put a layer of cylicone between the charge tube and the plate I built.

I would take pics but that sled is LONG GONE:cool:

Premium Features