• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI belt drive

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
Vibration

Along with losing speedo- is anyone else having issues with vibration? Primarily around 6000-7000 rpm. I'll also feel slight vibration at times when at WOT. Going down the trail seems fine but when track is loaded up- you feel it. I don't feel it while burping the throttle making powder turns or through trees. I'm thinking this is normal but want to check with everyone else running the belt drive before tearing into things. Thanks for any feedback.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Not feeling any vibrations on mine.

Are you feeling the vibration down by the belt drive? Have you verified the tension on the belt drive is within spec?

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
More in the bars and gauge cluster. I've checked multiple times during rides and in the 3/8" range.

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
Thanks guys. I'll tear into it. I'm thinking a bearing is giving me issues.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Had a little mishap on the last day of out trip this week. The bolt holding the top gear came out. Messed up the bottom gear and belt and blew a hole in the bottom of the case. Was loctited in. Still trying to figure out what happened there.

Thinking of doing a backyard fix with JB weld on the case but not too sure if that will be strong enough?

3d8ac0586d9abf1e4729e437cc096068.jpg

Last edited:
M

M8 Turbo

Jan 2, 2014
gods counrty
did you drill your own shaft if so u may have drill it out of round causing the bolt to be lose in the threaded hole use green retaining compound from loctite that will help out if your threaded hole has play.

TKILLC

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2011
Billings Montana
We are still trying to figure out why some work and some don't. I was thinking it was the magnets. Our sensors like to see the North facing end of the magnet, Cat installs them one north one south. I made some adjustments to some new covers and am sending them out to be tested, by guys who sensors don't work. If this is the fix I will replace the covers that don't work as long as I get my old cover back.

Tom

predator800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
Saskatoon, SK
Sorry for this dumb question but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question. Setting the belt tension. I set the belt tension stoping after driving fwd. All is good. Then I checked it after backing up and the belt is loose. If I set the tension after stoping from backing up then it is way to tight when I check it after stopping going fwd. Am I just over thinking this and stop checking tension after backing up? I burnt about a tank of fuel and haven't blown a belt so I can't be that off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Sorry for this dumb question but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question. Setting the belt tension. I set the belt tension stoping after driving fwd. All is good. Then I checked it after backing up and the belt is loose. If I set the tension after stoping from backing up then it is way to tight when I check it after stopping going fwd. Am I just over thinking this and stop checking tension after backing up? I burnt about a tank of fuel and haven't blown a belt so I can't be that off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Belt slack would be on the other side of the sprockets when in reverse. Have you measured tension on both sides to verify?

I would think tension should always be measured in the primary drive (forward direction) as it will be your load direction

I would think there would be some variance from jackshaft tension and track shaft tension that could also alter the deflection measurement.

Premium Features