• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts of the Boss seat on a Proclimb

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Love it! The low profile seat. Only saves like 2 lbs, but I love the seat stiffness and how low it is. I got one of the first ones this year and then everyone I ride with bought one.

Jan 21, 2012
Lake Stevens
I had one on my old zx chassis and liked it but the quality of the zippers was garbage for a 450 dollar seat. I saw that first place parts has them on sale for 299 dollars and was thinking about picking one up but the huge discount has me a little skeptical.
Do you really notice the 1 inch in height difference over the stock seat when you ride?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The Boss seat has gone threw a lot of changes over last few years. There are now new owners that are producing high quality USA hand built seats once again. One of the best mods I put on my sled this year.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I don't mean to butt in here but, what we are dealing with is old verses new. I had a couple of the old Boss seats and really liked them but hated the customer service and I thought to my self, never again. This fall I had a weaker moment and bought one for my old Mountain Max guest sled. The new Boss is a nice seat......

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
After living with low seats for years can't see wanting one ever again. Even if I only sit down for a couple of minutes when blowing trail I'd still rather have the stock height seat. Bad knees say "no more shorties" Factory has short seats everyone wants taller, they make taller seats everyone wants shorter;)

toesmack

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2008
Reno, NV
Have had several BOSS seats over the years, last one I really liked was in 2006 on a King Cat, tall, firm but comfortable. The one on my 2009 m8 was not stiff, it was HARD. The fabric pilled and frayed and the zippers all broke. Zips replaced by BOSS, broke again. (2006 still perfect). The 2010 m8 seat was about the same as the 2009. My 2012 ProClimb came with a pretty tall, firm, comfortable seat. Don't need low, I'm 6'3 and not 25 years old anymore. Tall makes it easier to stand, and since I do sit from time to time, that's pretty important.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I had an older one on my M1 and loved it. That one was tough and held up well. I put one on my '13 Proclimb as well as I couldn't stand how tall the stock seat was. Same thing with this one. Had storage, was lighter and fit me a lot better. I like the '16 limited seat a lot, otherwise I wouldn't sell the Boss

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
2014 M8000 LTD Seat Replacement

This thread has a lot of good information. I am thinking about replacing my seat for a different reason. I am thinking about a longer and maybe little bit taller seat because I have really long legs. When I sit down with my knees against the dash I am falling off the back of the seat. Any ideas? All help is appreciated. Thank You

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
This thread has a lot of good information. I am thinking about replacing my seat for a different reason. I am thinking about a longer and maybe little bit taller seat because I have really long legs. When I sit down with my knees against the dash I am falling off the back of the seat. Any ideas? All help is appreciated. Thank You

You would probably greatly benefit from the old style seat that uses the battery gas tank. You get a few more inches of length out of the seat.

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
2014 Arctic Cat M8000 LTD Seat Replacement

You would probably greatly benefit from the old style seat that uses the battery gas tank. You get a few more inches of length out of the seat.
Madmax,
Which old stype are you recommending? I have an 2014 M8000 LTD 153 Black/Orange sled. If it matters mine is not an electric start. Thank you for your help I appreciate it.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Love it! The low profile seat. Only saves like 2 lbs, but I love the seat stiffness and how low it is. I got one of the first ones this year and then everyone I ride with bought one.

Bumping this up.

How much storage is in that thing? Anything close to stock?

I'm looking for a lower seat for my 16 LTD that has some storage and this looks like about the only option.

Premium Features