• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about moving west

H
Hello all, I am a flatlander from Ontario who works in IT for a Telecommunications company. More so as of late I am been thinking of finally following my dream and heading out to B.C. to live. I have some questions.

I have been Snowmobiling about 5 years and a Skier for about 20 years.

Realistically,

1) If one was to live in or near the Greater Vancouver area, how hard is it to get out and ride nice trails or backcountry on a semi-regular basis?

2) How far of a drive would be required out of the city to ride good terrain?

3) Being new to the area, I would not have any riding partners. How hard would it be to find like minded individuals to ride with in the area?

I'm used to basically riding trails right from my backyard. So I assume riding will be less, but a lot better quality.

Thanks for any insight you can give, take care.

-HeadingWest

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
Have you looked at the price of houses in Vancouver, yet? Rentals aren't cheap either.

I would move to Squamish. Puts you right at the start of the Sea to Sky Corridor.

Lots of good sled skiing at Brohm, Brandywine, and Callaghan, as well as Rutherford.
There are lots of other areas, and all are within 2 hours of Vancouver.

Good luck on the move.

Premium Features