• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Them's fighting words....

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Comments

Well I wonder how many hits Mike has on his "Contact Us" box? Sent him my opinion this a.m. I only get out there 3-4 times a year and I'm pissed at the attitude he brings to the plate, can't imagine how you guys feel that live near by.
What about all the peaople directly affected by closures getting on board here. All the hotel owners, sled retailers,guides,restraunt owners, chambers of commerce in Blue River/Valemount/McBride, holy crap this is your livelyhood his messing with. If he can do this in his part of the world then what's to stop every other operation like his from doing the same thing in their own area? I'm no big spender and even my group of 3-4 that frequent that very region would have dropped close to $6,000 in Valemount last winter in four visits. At a time when jobs and are scarce and tourism is the big industry I think every $ counts and this guy needs to hear from all those affected by his B.S.

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
100% agree with you bro. Retaliation will only get him what he is asking for. But it's fun to think about how it would piss him off as much as I was pissed off listening to him spew absolute garbage over the airwaves to hundreds and thousands of people. I believe strongly in Kharma. He will feel the sting one day.

Thanks Veedy. Yeah - don't get me wrong in any way, his isn't the only one I have issue with and I would LOVE to see the tables turned as well. I know most people only meant it in passing and I do agree with steveo10, it is time to make a stand. I'm thinking more passive attempts (peaceful sled rally outside his lodge??? with REAL facts about avy deaths [not just this years stats taht make sledders look bad] and maybe tributes to lost sledders) would be more appropriate to gain public favour than to go and throw more fuel on the already raging fire. Too many bleeding heart libs in major metropolitan centers thinking that we can just ride anywhere we want, so why shouldn't we be restricted. They really don't understand just how little riding area we are dealing with currently and they are the ones that support this guy.

NSC

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Hah hah ! he's getting slammed on other forums ! this is so funny. Sounds like mr. Mike just opened up a HUGE can 'o worms for himself. mr. Mike, you forked with the wrong group of people..... here's a post by Steve L :

I am looking forward to sledding on Wiegele's runs this winter.My group of sledders has not interfered with his operation,even though he keeps getting in our face about "HIS" land as he has put it directly to us.With comments like his about banning us,I guess the gloves are off now Mike.I can't wait to go and rip up every hill that your customers ski on this coming season.We have not done what you have been accusing us of for years,but now I think we will! Mike has been trying to get rid of us for a long time now.I thought that this was public land?Who is he to make statements about us.He doesn't care about our safety at all.

I feel the same way. As a matter of fact, we should get all the sled boarders and skiers out there so they can enjoy some of mr. Mike's fresh BC backcountry pow pow.

Sounds Fun... I've got two sleds so I can take 4 people total and 2 Snowboards.... I imagine We could carve up his terrain in about...... 40 min's....

Public Land to be used by Canadian Tax Payers..... I've always respected the right to decide which kind of recreation to do..... I hate purists that are ignorant to facts!!!!!

I love riding in new terrain!!!!!

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
You make me sick part II

I'll repeat what I said on another post regarding this subject in an effort to fight this kind of stuff...

so... let me ask this question... why is anyone asking today what organization they need to belong to and wanting joining information that is PRO-SNOWMOBILING???? AND WHY IN THE HECK ARE THEY NOT ALREADY A MEMBER!!!!!

So when you can only ride your motorcycle/snowmobile/ATV in your front yard and whine about the "good old days" when you could ride in the mountains and now it is gone because you did not belong to an organization that stands up for your privilages... you guys that don't belong to Blue Ribbon, BCF, your local snowmobile club and other pro motorsport organizations... YOU ARE THE PROBLEM:mad:

S
Feb 25, 2009
Prince George, B.C.
I'll repeat what I said on another post regarding this subject in an effort to fight this kind of stuff...

so... let me ask this question... why is anyone asking today what organization they need to belong to and wanting joining information that is PRO-SNOWMOBILING???? AND WHY IN THE HECK ARE THEY NOT ALREADY A MEMBER!!!!!

So when you can only ride your motorcycle/snowmobile/ATV in your front yard and whine about the "good old days" when you could ride in the mountains and now it is gone because you did not belong to an organization that stands up for your privilages... you guys that don't belong to Blue Ribbon, BCF, your local snowmobile club and other pro motorsport organizations... YOU ARE THE PROBLEM:mad:

You said exactly what I have been saying on these forums for awhile. If you don't join a club you are just giving the powers to be more leverage to take more and more away. If there is no solidarity then there is NOTHING. The few that do join their local club can only fight for so long.....they get burnt out fighting for everyone.:mad:

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
I guess leading by example is something to preserve a good image.

There are always thoughts of how one could "fix his wagon", but---

Perhaps us sledders should protest his tenures in a BIG way.

BTW.... is there a law against parking in front of his resorts, and doing a little
"tweaking and tuning" of sleds??;););)

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
We've got a small army of big HP mods ready to roll for anarchy, point us to the top and he'll have a hard time finding a unload zone for his paying clients. Could you imagine hitting a trench from a 174 m-10 on skis? Ouch!!!

But in all seriousness, wasn't this the same douch that was petitioning to have sledding in valemount shut down a few years ago too? I think we've gotten far too soft around here, there's lots of rivers and chainsaws down there......

Last time I sledded in valemount it was more like 6k for me by myself. Had to buy a truck to haul the sled, built the sled, time off work, hotel, ate out every night at the caribou, drinkin, new sled gear for the year, drum of race gas, etc. people forget that sledding is a lifestyle, you shape your whole life to be able to do it, a lot of your income is spent on it compared to other sports. Probably 50-80% of mine is geared towards it in one way or another, I know I wouldn't be driving a pick up if I didn't sled, wouldn't live in a house with a shop, wouldn't own tools. So I'd say peoples numbers are a little wrong....

I think targeting the helicopters is our best bet, I've been saying that for years. How about some avy awareness for chopper pilots too? Feels real safe when your trail passes through a terrain trap and they're hovering above a cornice 400ft above your head. Sure no one else has ever seen that before...
They are way louder than even our most heavily modded sleds, and have unrestricted access. Even heard a case two winters ago where a group of heli skiiers tried to knock some guys off their sleds because they thought the sledders poached a closed area that they were skiing. Funny part is it was closed to them as well????

Premium Features