• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Them's fighting words....

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
good post veedy! problem is these guys win if we do nothing! #1) uneducated and biased comments like this deserve to have a negative impact on his business. although many of his fellow skiers may agree with him, there are those who are our friends who do not! I believe we are obligated to point out his errors and bigoted thinking. #2) his facts are not accurate! 20+ were killed in avys in europe. how many were sledders? Likely zero! Also, for him to make a short sited comment about us not attending a "skiers" conference is absurd! we need to point out the actual training efforts that are taking place among us. also, the fact that comments like his only make us less likely to feel invited to share any education course with potentially like minded people as himself. he also does not mention that skiers make up a rather high percentage of all avy deaths. and, their educational awareness is years ahead of ours! our current education and awareness has been superceded by the ability of our machines to get us into deep and steep places right after any storm, which was not as easily accessible in previous years and when riding earlier model sleds. another thing not mentioned is how friendly and available sledders are in rescue situations! I sure wouldn't want a bunch of guys on x-country skis coming after me if I were injured or buried in the back country! although their efforts would be appreciated, I think it would likely be a recovery, not a rescue mission.

WE are our own worst enemies, as our the manufacturers, if we bow to the BS spewed by egotistical talking heads like mr, wiegele!
(sorry about no caps...typing with one wing!)

Last edited:
S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
guys let's get his business number and name on here and let's call this douchbag every day and leave messages. What goes around comes around. If I had his number I'd be calling him.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I am game to drive up with a few 4 place trailers full of my best buds and make some lines in those skiers area...

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
From castanet :

the Canada West Ski Areas Association Conference

He says snowmobilers tend to be arrogant, as evidenced by the fact not one of their organizations is attending the safety components of the conference.

Hmmm...... I just can't figure out why non of the snowmobile organizations would have missed attending this event.:confused::rolleyes:

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
Here's his business contact info. You can also leave a comment on his website. www.wiegele.com
Phone #- 1-800-661-9170
Fax #- 1-250-673-8461
e-mail- reservations@wiegele.com

Interesting.....look at the testimonials. only one from someone in Canada. the rest are from the states and europe! a little open, public scrutiny of this guy's business may me a very good thing.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
someone need to kick mike right in the balls..... his heli skiing does nothing for blue river other then the one night they go to the legion...

From what I have heard he is not well liked in the area. We need to start a petition to oppose Mr. Wiggly or to ask for a closure for all Heli-ski operations? Anyone know the best way to start a petition? I dont think asking for skiing closures is the right way to approach this, we as sledders have alot more respect than that.

Last edited:
J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Sounds like the making of a forum ride. Someone pick a date and we will donate a couple turbos to the cause.

Maybe The BIS and Rutt-King circus show could put himself to good use for once. :p

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Here's his business contact info. You can also leave a comment on his website. www.wiegele.com
Phone #- 1-800-661-9170
Fax #- 1-250-673-8461

left him a message....tried to take the high road...(no need to stoop to his level....yet)

Here is my message...

saddened to see your comments...they are not only short sighted, but also very self serving toward your interests...(regarding snowmobiling and avalanches etc.)

Your clever use of facts, leave a significant amount of data out, and are, sadly intended to only aid your either ill informed view point, or intended to malign a key partner who will work to protect access to the back country...

In your line of work, you are emitting far more Green house gases, and are a far more impacting pollluter than snowmobiling (can prove this if you like)...thus you are also a target of those trying to limit motorized and multiple use in the back country...

I would suggest you find a way to work with those of us who not only care about the backcountry, but work to keep it open for all of us to use.
Your peers in your industry do not share your same tactics, and instead have realized we are all in this boat together...

G

GayWussy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 23, 2009
BC
THAT is brilliant! Or maybe not. Yes it is. Umm maybe we shouldn't. Go for it! noooo.....yes.

I'm ROFL here. How about a Wiggy vs. Ozone UFC fight?

ozone couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag or better yet out of a Days Inn hotel room. hehehehe

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
another tactic...just to burn some of his cash...

I suggest we get ALL of us to request brochures from him, as prospective customers...that way he is pissing away his money to send us stuff that we use as kindling or burn it...

it is evil, and devious...I love it :)

dont forget to get your other buddies to do it too!!!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Phone #- 1-800-661-9170
Fax #- 1-250-673-8461

Thanks for the links CD. I have sent them some very politically correct comments.
If anyone is sending comments, please keep them clean and to the point and show MW that snowmobilers are not willing to sink to his level.

I can not believe he is using tragedy to further his personal gain, but I guess everyone has some sort of agenda.:mad:

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
From what I have heard he is not well liked in the area. We need to start a petition to oppose Mr. Wiggly or to ask for a closure for all Heli-ski operations? Anyone know the best way to start a petition? I dont think asking for skiing closures is the right way to approach this, we as sledders have alot more respect than that.
I think maybe the B.C. gov should evaluate the risks to Mountain Caribou from recreational use of a helicopter. I mean fair is fair right.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I think maybe the B.C. gov should evaluate the risks to Mountain Caribou from recreational use of a helicopter. I mean fair is fair right.

BINGO !! Not just a place to hang your hat ! Now what can a guy do to make this idea practical ? Publish an ad with an online petition ?

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
All great ideas here guys - only comment I have is that we are the victims being persecuted by this individual with false information and we need to ensure it stays that way. We are the victims and not him, he has lost nothing in regards to sledders deaths this year. He is using this to get his company name on the news. My buddy used to work for a sandblasting outfit who got into the local paper for making too much noise in a residential area. After they hit the front page, they were twice as busy as they ever were. Free publicity is free publicity. A 30-sec commercial slot would cost him $5000 on the 6 o'clock news, making controversial statements gets him a 4 minute segment and it costs him nothing. You can't buy better publicity - literally you can't.

Let's get on the news and give out the real facts and ensure that the public sees we are being bullied by some local heli-ski operator who is only out to ensure that sledders stay off public land so that he can use it for his personal profit.

While I completely agree with the idea - taking 2000 riders up and shredding his terrain will only further his cause and sway popular vote against us. I can already see him on the news crying about how the big bad sledders came and put a poor local man out of business. Then they will interview some foreigner who will say "Yeah, its too bad, next year we will probably spend our tourist skiing dollars Sweden or Colorado, the mean, evil sledders wrecked all the fun for us here in BC. I guess someone else wants our money more than BC does." They we will be bearing the brunt of hatred from all directions. Trust me - I would love to go rip up some terrain in Blue River but honestly, I can see this seriously backfiring on us.

We need to have the BCSF or ASA get on the news and tell the facts straight and have a proper rebuttal to his statements. Throwing in some facts about his operations is always nice too....:D He opened the door for us to walk in and inform the general public about his operations and potential skier related fatalities. It needs to be factual, not just mud slinging, we will not gain public favorism by doing the same thing he does and mis-representing the facts.

Just my thoughts.

NSC

Premium Features