• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Fix for blown bellows on the Turbo XP

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Do you know what size the hose is that tees into the pressure relief valve? Is it .25" clear tubing? I am having a valve built and dont have my sled with me...

Skyking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2010
Just to give you guys an update. I have 5 rides on the sled now with the pressure valve , and it is working sweet!!! No problems.

Skyking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2010
A lot of guys are asking about it. Anyone else end up running them?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Still have block off's. Would do a setup like yours, but I don't have powervalves even to put back in. Looks like I would be around $470 for the complete STM setup. Think I'd rather do the narrow front end for that much or maybe some clutch work. Hope she keeps running strong for you.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Prv

Just tee-ing I'n a press relief valve before solenoid and am getting ready to re-glue and tie wire bellows

Last edited:
H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Hey Guys

Just a question, why can't the pressure regulator be tee'd in after the the pressure solenoid, it's more of a question for ease of installation due to the fact that the fittings are the same size as the hose after the solenoid. Would it not do the same thing be relieving an pressure in excess of 5psi, after the solenoid and prior to the valves???

Thanks

Jeff

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I have a relief valve that is supposed to only let out pressure above 5psi. I teed it into the line right between the two bellows. Worked great all last year runing 10psi boost. I zip tied the reliefe valve to the frame up high and no oil comes out of it.
I tried putting a bleed screw in (like a power jet) right after the solenoid to bleed off some of the presure to the bellows. It would shoot injection oil out of it and made a huge mess in the egine compartment the first time I used it. I then hooked a hose on it and ran the oil out the belly pan. I tried this before I got the reliefe valve.

Skyking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2010
We finally have some snow here. Took the sle dout for the first time this year. Pressure value still going strong no problems at all. No had a problem at all with the bellows since installing the valve.

No if I can just figure out is intake problem. Can't keep the turbo from sucking in steam in deep snow. Even with the intake I built.

Premium Features