• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sweet jump but almost died yesterday.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So we found this sweet jump at the end of the day yesterday. Good lip to throw you up high and had a nice soft downhill landing. First 4 jumps were great. Only problem is it had a blind take off so you could not see the the trees until you were in the air. On my last jump I wanted to land about 5 feet over so I didn't land in my same bomb hole. So I went off the jump in the same place but tried to angle it by just one degree to the left of my last one to land in the fresh snow. Well my angle must have been more like 5 degrees off and as I went in the air I was lined up perfectly to hit the tree head on. The previous jumps I would land and fly down the hill with the brake on full and fly past that tree. Impossible to stop any earlier. So mid air I thought i was going to die because there was no possible way i was going to stop before that tree. Lots of stuff went though my mind but decide to just hit the brake before I landed and then bail to the right and hope that my body would miss the tree. I knew the sled was done and there was nothing I could do but hit the brake and then bail. I am sure lucky to be all in one piece right now although my neck is pretty sore today. I don't recommend landing a jump with the brake on. You land really hard. Head hit the bars and knocked off my goggles. As I bounced off the bars I was just bracing for the tree and thought this is going to hurt.

Short version

Long version with commentary after the jump and previous jumps.

Last edited:
K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
You would be surprised at how much of a down hill it actually was. Video never does hills justice. It was was soft and and awesome landing on the first few jumps.

It still looks like you landed in a hole though like it flattened out?

I dont jump anything so I dont know.

Im sure that didnt feel good I went off a TINY drop on accident last season and slammed the bars..its not fun.

Least you got it on video hahah.

Premium Features