• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock vs freeride vs c3 post on 11 etec

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Everyone seems to love this mod and there is tons of info out there but it is all over the place so I am trying to funnel it to help me as I have a few questions.

Number 1
what all would I need from each kit? posts? pyramids, ect

number 2
I think I ride ok with the stock set up while I do noticed the "arc" I am not sure if it is hurting me that bad but maybe it is

number 3
I have read some thing that c3 has been known to ship wrong parts possibly very hard to return, Am I better off to go with a US deal and if so who?

Thanks

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Only need C3 brackets and blocks for an '11. Need to reshape airbox--easy to do and trim console. I've had fantastic luck w/ C3 and have never recieved the wrong parts so not sure what having to send something back would entail.

If you went the whole Freeride setup, you would need the pyramid setup and it isn't quite as far forward. Looks a little cleaner but costs 3-4 times as much. No air box mod needed the way I understand it.

The arc really comes down to personal preference. I really like the post forward. The mod is easy to do w/ lots of them out there. Throw a leg over another sled that has had it done and see if you like it. Both of the sleds I did the post forwards on also had to have the posts changed to the newer steering arm length. The 11's already had that so the difference felt in the '08 and '09 sleds is going to be more noticeable.

B
Oct 12, 2010
Morgan Utah
I just finished doing the C3 to my 09' also cut and welded the steering post straight. Currently working on doing the C3 to my dads 11'. I'll take a pic of how we cut the console so it looks cleaner then what most guys are doing.

Premium Features