• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ST to LT conversion standard on early Timbersled Mountain Horse Kits?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
At the risk of being told to step away from my keyboard, I have yet another question.

Maybe I just got lucky but, when I purchased my 2012 Timbersled Mountain Horse Kit it came with a 121" and a 136" track.

I asked if there was a second set of rails for each track length and I was told that nope, the stock rails can be shortened or lengthened to suit desired track length.

In looking at the rails on my Mountain Horse Kit, I see they have what I would call a rail extension kit installed. Was this adjustment standard on earlier kits?

Does it hurt the strength of the skid?

Have others done this as well?

Thoughts on this?

DSC01827.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
looks like a home made extension setup. IMO, your not gonna break that setup regardless. snowbikes are insanely easy on the rear of the rails compared to a sled as tail down landings are virtually impossible to do on a bike. not to worry!

the only deal is, the new TS rails are kicked in the back.

If you want super stout rails with a tip, you can also hit up Ice Age as they will make you some 136/7 rails as well for this application.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Those are just wps rail extensions. no big deal, just take the extensions off to run a ST, or leave for the LT. They seem pretty stout, I wouldnt worry about messing them up.

No it was not standard.

I am running extensions also, no big deal, and I have tried to abuse and break them without issues.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
That's good to hear! Yes, it does look like a stout setup.

I do like the convenience of being able to swap. My drivers and track are still the 2.52" pitch.

My 121" track looks like a 1.75" Cross Country track. This would probably be a great spring time setup. Even so, I may try to find a true 2" mountain track since many of the lugs on the 121" are broken, just to try a 121" x 2" to see if it works better for me in powder since I weight about 170 lbs.

So, for those of you that have swapped your kit back and forth from 121" to 136'", do you have a preference? Are there setup differences between the track lengths?

Last edited:
E
Dec 19, 2007
I have a 137 convex 2.5 for sale too. Some times you have to do some creative grinding and drilling to make the extensions fit the rails.

Premium Features