• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

At what point do I give up?

T
Aug 12, 2021
Bozeman MT
I bought a 2016 Timbersled mountain horse LT. At least I was told thats what it is. I also was told it came off a 2018 Husky FC450. It has been a total disaster. The track, rails, and frame look brand new. The front spindle has 2 sets of holes drilled through it on one side, and they are touching each other resulting in large oval shaped holes. I was told the fit kit would mount directly up to my 2018 KTM 450sxf, but it didn't even come close. I bought a correct subframe spacer as per timbersled/polaris's guidance to replace one that was broken, and it's still not even close. It was also missing numerous other parts, and I have bought both chains for it. along with tons of other stuff. I finally spent a few hours getting it all together tonight and it looks like I'm going to need an entire fit kit for it. Currently have over $2800 into the kit, and buying a complete fit kit would be another $260, plus a few more weeks of waiting, to inevitably end up with more issues. At what point do I just sell it for a huge loss and put my 450 back together?

Something seems wrong here. Can you read the part numbers on the fit kit that came with your kit? What part of it is not even close?

The spindle is a little a little different. You can A. live with it. B. Have someone weld up the existing holes, then you can drill your own in the correct location. C. Upgrade to the ARO ski/spindle.

If you'd like, send me a PM and we can email back and forth.

Premium Features